Thread: How to ignore ‘errors’ in Qt Creator 2.6.1 on OS X (10.8.2)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default How to ignore ‘errors’ in Qt Creator 2.6.1 on OS X (10.8.2)

Hi,

I use Qt Creator 2.6.1 on OS X (10.8.2), and I am able to build and run my project without any problem. However, sometimes, Qt Creator reports ‘errors’ which clearly are false positives since everything is actually fine. Some ‘errors’ I sometimes get are:
    1. ERROR: “install_name_tool: object: /Users/Me/MyProject/build/MyProject.app/Contents/PlugIns/MyProject/libSomePlugin.dylib truncated or malformed object (LC_SEGMENT_64 command 2 fileoff field plus filesize field extends past the end of the file)
    2. ERROR: no file at “/Users/Me/MyProject/lib/libSomePlugin.dylib”

I must confess that I am not clear about the first type of ‘error’ while as for the second type, I certainly don’t have a lib folder, so I am confused as why Qt Creator reports that error.

This aside, and maybe more importantly for my productivity, is there any way to automatically ignore those errors? Right now, whenever I get an ‘error’ like above, Qt Creator tells me that it “found some build errors in [the] current task” and asks me whether “[I] want to ignore them” which I due indeed.

So, ideally, Qt Creator wouldn’t report the above ‘errors’, but worst case scenario there would be a way to always ignore those ‘errors’.

Anyone?…

Cheers, Alan.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to ignore ‘errors’ in Qt Creator 2.6.1 on OS X (10.8.2)

FWIW, I have found the cause of the 'errors' I was getting: macdeployqt. I have always had issues of sorts with that tool, and things haven't improved with the release of Qt 5. Anyway, I am not using macdeployqt anymore (which means that, yes, I am doing all the deployment 'by hand') and so far so good, I am not getting 'errors' anymore. macdeployqt is just too unreliable for my use.