Thread: Unable to integrate Qwt-6.1.0-rc3 in Qt Creator 2.6.3 (Qt 5.0.1 mingw32)

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Unable to integrate Qwt-6.1.0-rc3 in Qt Creator 2.6.3 (Qt 5.0.1 mingw32)

Good evening,

I am new to this forum. So first of all I would like to say hello to everybody.

I have an issue with integrating qwt in Qt Creator. The widgets do not show up in Qt Creator. When I open the designer within Qt Creator and click Tools->Form Editor->About Qt designer plugins... the dialog says the following:

"Cannot load library C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin.dll: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden"

I already searched a lot in this forum for a solution. Unfortunately I did not find one. I did the following steps in order to install qwt:

1.) Qmake qwt.pro
    2.) mingw32-make
    3) mingw32-make install
    4.) I altered the qt.conf as followed:

[Paths]
    Libraries=../lib/qtcreator
    Plugins=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins
    Headers=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/include
    Documentation=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/doc
    Libraries=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/lib

Does anybody know what I have done wrong? I don't want to copy any file from Qwt in my Qt folder as Uwe recommends.

Thanks

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Unable to integrate Qwt-6.1.0-rc3 in Qt Creator 2.6.3 (Qt 5.0.1 mingw32)

Does anybody have a clue what's wrong?

I am able to run all examples included in the qwt download. Is it possible that Qwt-6.1.0-rc3 does not work with Qt Creator 2.6.3???

Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Unable to integrate Qwt-6.1.0-rc3 in Qt Creator 2.6.3 (Qt 5.0.1 mingw32)

Hi,
    AFAIR, the Qwt libs and the Qt Creator (even independent Qt Designer tool) that you are using should be of same genre (debug or release mode) and more importantly should be generated with compatible (same verion?, I am not sure) compiler. I think, this information is available in somewhere in google search results.

swamy.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi swamyonline,

thank you for your response. Depending on the compile mode (DEBUG / RELEASE) i get different errors.
    When I open the designer within Qt Creator and click Tools->Form Editor->About Qt designer plugins... the dialog says the following:

1.) qwt compiled with mingw32 in DEBUG-Mode:
    "Cannot load library C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin.dll: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden"

2.) qwt compiled with mingw32 in RELEASE-Mode:
    "Cannot load library C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin.dll: verwendet eine inkompatible Qt-Bibliothek. (Im Debug-Modus erstellte und im Release-Modus erstellte Bibliotheken können nicht zusammen verwendet werden.)

As additional Info:
    Qt Creator as well as qwt are compiled wit mingw47_32bit

Any ideas what to do?
    Last edited by DerVerbrecher; 4th March 2013 at 15:20.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by DerVerbrecher View Post
    1.) qwt compiled with mingw32 in DEBUG-Mode:
    As the creator is build in release mode you can't load a designer plugin ( or lib ) that has been built in debug mode. So this combination doesn't make any sense at all ( beside you want to debug the creator ).

Quote Originally Posted by DerVerbrecher View Post
    2.) qwt compiled with mingw32 in RELEASE-Mode:
    "Cannot load library C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin.dll: verwendet eine inkompatible Qt-Bibliothek. (Im Debug-Modus erstellte und im Release-Modus erstellte Bibliotheken können nicht zusammen verwendet werden.)
    The message tells you that you are trying to mix debug/release libs. Guess the creator has been built in release mode - so it must be the designer plugin or the Qwt lib that has been built in debug mode.

I recommend to throw away what you have so far and rebuild with the default settings in qwtconfig.pri - what is debug_and_release on Windows.

Uwe

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi Uwe,

thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. In my first try to install qwt I did not change the qwtconfig.pri. So the configuration was debug_and_release.
    I fully understand the problems with DEBUG & RELEASE builds.

Again, the error under "Tools->Form Editor->About Qt designer plugins..." was the following with the "debug_and_release" configuration:

Am I missing something in qt.conf? It seems that the designer plugin is not able to find another required DLL or lib.

Here is my qt.conf again:
    [Paths]
    Libraries=../lib/qtcreator
    Plugins=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/plugins
    Headers=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/include
    Documentation=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/doc
    Libraries=C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/lib

Thanks in advance!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Probably you forgot to add C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/lib to your PATH.

Uwe