Thread: Trouble running applications after Win7 SP1 update

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Exclamation Trouble running applications after Win7 SP1 update

So...
    In what should be no surprise, after my development machine automagically updated Win7 to Win7-SP1, all previously compiled applications will not run. The return error is:
    "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I've tried researching how to uninstall SP1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../uninstall-sp1
    This has not worked. All application development worked fine when building release versions before this. In fact, I can still develop successful code in my choice of IDE: QtCreator or VS2010. However, once I launch the exe (either debug or release) from the outside the IDE then things fall apart, as outlined above. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd like a simpler solution that rebuilding my Qt libraries for Win7 SP1.

Thoughts?

ps. And 'yes,' for anyone that would ask if I've now turned off 'automatic updates' for my system.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Trouble running applications after Win7 SP1 update

I suspect the update caused the application trying to use different Qt dlls? Check your environment settings.

3. The following user says thank you to Kwakkie for this useful post:

Pipeliner (2nd April 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Trouble running applications after Win7 SP1 update

Quote Originally Posted by Kwakkie View Post
    I suspect the update caused the application trying to use different Qt dlls? Check your environment settings.
    Thanks for the reply. I checked but I don't think that's the issue since I don't think I've ever set environment variables before. I've just always included the .DLLs with the .EXE in the same directory and launched it that way. Through using QtCreator I've tried building against the C:\QtSDK (4.8.0) library set and the Q:\Qt\4.8.0 libraries and neither worked.

I recently installed the qt sdk 1.2.1 offline installer on a fresh windows 7 machine, that has SP1 installed, and I get the same error.

Right now my Qt is built with all default settings so I think this means that it's using dynamic libraries instead of static libraries.

=== EDIT ===
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/install-win.html
    Kwakkie: I did a little more research and found that setting the environment variable did fix the problem. Thank you!
    The problem is solved.

Added after 4 minutes:

Very bizarre that my environment variables would have been modified to have the Qt paths removed. Oh well... thanks again Kwakkie.
    Last edited by Pipeliner; 2nd April 2013 at 20:39.