Thread: Qt Stylesheet: border-image attribute ignored by QPushButton (works with QLineEdit)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Unhappy Qt Stylesheet: border-image attribute ignored by QPushButton (works with QLineEdit)

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm playing around with the Stylesheet-Example-Project with Qt 4.2 but wasn't able to set a border-image for the Buttons. The strange thing is that the lines

border-image: url(:/images/pushbutton.png) 4;
    border-width: 4px;

work perfectly for QLineEdit but don't work for QPushButton at all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't change much in the example - just loaded the Form in Qt Designer, added the new image to the resource and recompiled everything - I'm using the stylesheet editor in the application itself to play around with it...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt Stylesheet: border-image attribute ignored by QPushButton (works with QLineEdi

I've seen border-image in action on QPushButtons, so you must have made some mistake. AFAIR the documentation has a working example of using border-images with a push button.

I just checked in Designer and it works fine for me. Check with an image taken from file, not from a resource.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

bjoernbg (28th January 2007)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Re: Qt Stylesheet: border-image attribute ignored by QPushButton (works with QLineEdi

Thanks! Taking the image from file works!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Looks like your resource was set up incorrectly and the image didn't exist. Did you link your application with that resource?