Thread: Use an application created in QT5 with mingw compiler in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Use an application created in QT5 with mingw compiler in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Hi; I have an application created in Qtcreator using Qt5 with MinGW compiler and I want to use this code in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 because I need to use some Opencv functions and I can't compile Opencv with Qt support using Mingw 32 compiler. How can I migrate my application from Qtcreator to MSVC 2010?
    I try using the Qt5 Add In for visual studio and select the option to open Qt project but when i try to compile a link error apear.
    I'm new in Qt

Thanks for your answer.

2. The following user says thank you to Search for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Use an application created in QT5 with mingw compiler in Microsoft Visual Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    How can I migrate my application from Qtcreator to MSVC 2010?
    Rebuild the application with MSVC. Of course you need Qt for MSVC installed (or built).

I try using the Qt5 Add In for visual studio and select the option to open Qt project but when i try to compile a link error apear.
    You don't need the add-in. You can compile from within Qt Creator.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

4. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Use an application created in QT5 with mingw compiler in Microsoft Visual Studio

When I build with visual studio 2010 (previously build the Qt library for visual studio) a link error appear:

moc_formulario1.obj : error LNK2019: sÃ*mbolo externo "private: void __cdecl formulario1:n_Bcontinuar_clicked(void)" (?on_Bcontinuar_clicked@formulario1@@AEAAXXZ) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "private: static void __cdecl formulario1::qt_static_metacall(class QObject *,enum QMetaObject::Call,int,void * *)" (?qt_static_metacall@formulario1@@CAXPEAVQObject@@ W4Call@QMetaObject@@HPEAPEAX@Z)
    1>moc_formulario6.obj : error LNK2019: sÃ*mbolo externo "private: void __cdecl formulario6:n_toolButton_3_clicked(void)" (?on_toolButton_3_clicked@formulario6@@AEAAXXZ) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "private: static void __cdecl formulario6::qt_static_metacall(class QObject *,enum QMetaObject::Call,int,void * *)" (?qt_static_metacall@formulario6@@CAXPEAVQObject@@ W4Call@QMetaObject@@HPEAPEAX@Z)
    1>debug\\bakerbotv1p0.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 externos sin resolver
    1>
    1>ERROR al compilar.

With qtcreator using mingw compiler it runs smoothly

6. The following user says thank you to Search for this useful post:

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

What if you build with QtCreator using MSVC?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

8. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

I download Qt for Windows 32 bits (VS 2010) which includes Qtcreator but when i try to compile an application an error appear "cl is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." What could be the problem?
    Thanks for your answer.

10. The following user says thank you to Search for this useful post:

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

The problem is Creator can't find your MSVC installation. Did you set it up in the settings?

12. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi, thanks for your answer I'm newbie in Qtcreator and I don't know how set it up the compiler. I run an application after downloading the files of the Qt page and it gives me that error.
    Could you explain or give me a link where i can see the steps to configure it?

14. The following user says thank you to Search for this useful post:

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Open Creator's settings, go to "Build and Run" pane and have fun.

16. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post: