Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

    Default Re: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

    Sorry AlekseyK, qtcentre.org wasn't working for me these past few days. Anyway, glad that the MathML renderer works for you.

    Regarding the issues that you have found:
    • formula background is white, need to be gray as button default color. autoFillBackground does not help.
      I made it white because that seemed more 'natural' to me, not to mention that this widget is not a button, so I don't see why it should be grey.
    • Aslo font color changing through palette propery has effect: only for plain text, for MathML engine still black.
      I am not sure what you mean by this, sorry.
    • QwtText::setColor() has no effect.
    • QwtText::setBackgroundBrush() has no effect.
    • QwtText::setPaintAttribute() for color or background true or false has no effect.
      I am not sure to what you are referring here. I mean, the widget is QwtMathMLDocument, so...?
    • need to add qwt_mml_entity_table.h/cpp files to mathml.pro also.
      Quite possible. Personally, I use CMake, so...


    I am sure there must be a way to fix your 'issues'. Unfortunately, I really don't have time for it at the moment, not least since it has yet to be officially included in Qwt. However, if Uwe was to officially incorporate my changes into Qwt, then I would certainly try to find the time to iron things out.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    7
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

    Default Re: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    Sorry AlekseyK, qtcentre.org wasn't working for me these past few days.
    It was down.

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    Anyway, glad that the MathML renderer works for you.
    Thank You very much for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    Regarding the issues that you have found:
    [LIST][*]formula background is white, need to be gray as button default color. autoFillBackground does not help.
    I made it white because that seemed more 'natural' to me, not to mention that this widget is not a button, so I don't see why it should be grey.
    For document - yes. For label it should have label background, like in my example: http://www.qtcentre.org/attachment.p...138969&thumb=1

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    [*]Aslo font color changing through palette propery has effect: only for plain text, for MathML engine still black.
    I am not sure what you mean by this, sorry.
    Formula font color. It is always black. I'd like to change it.

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    [*]QwtText::setColor() has no effect.[*]QwtText::setBackgroundBrush() has no effect.[*]QwtText::setPaintAttribute() for color or background true or false has no effect.
    I am not sure to what you are referring here. I mean, the widget is QwtMathMLDocument, so...?
    I use QwtTextLabel.

    Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    I am sure there must be a way to fix your 'issues'. Unfortunately, I really don't have time for it at the moment, not least since it has yet to be officially included in Qwt. However, if Uwe was to officially incorporate my changes into Qwt, then I would certainly try to find the time to iron things out.
    Thank You. Hope Uwe will see this conversation and add patches to official Qwt sources.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked 843 Times in 792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

    Default Re: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

    Quote Originally Posted by AlekseyK View Post
    Hope Uwe will see this conversation and add patches to official Qwt sources.
    Unfortunately I lost a lot of time with implementing all the spline interpolation algos ( out of personal interest ) and I'm also working on another open source project, what is the reason why I'm heavily delayed with 6.2 - at least I hope I can release 6.1.3 soon.

    Alans version of the MathML stuff can be seen as the official version - it is planned to become part of Qwt 6.3. But always keep in mind, that its not my priority to offer a first class MathML package - all I ( and of course Alan in the first place ) did was to turn the orphaned MathML implementation from the Qt solutions package into something "usable".

    Uwe

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    7
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

    Default Re: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

    Thank You, Uwe! Will wait for qwt updates. Of course good to have Alan's version earlier: in 6.2 or 6.1.3. Alan's version works fine, only good to fix issues mentioned above.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd August 2013, 12:57
  2. Problem with regular expression not working
    By Suppaman in forum Qt Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th April 2013, 22:40
  3. Support of MathML in Qt
    By oficjalne100 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th September 2011, 12:18
  4. Support of MathML in Qt
    By oficjalne100 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th September 2011, 17:24
  5. Regular Expression Problem
    By kaushal_gaurav in forum Qt Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th February 2009, 09:41

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Digia, Qt and their respective logos are trademarks of Digia Plc in Finland and/or other countries worldwide.