Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: [MathML] problem displaying a math expression

Sorry AlekseyK, qtcentre.org wasn't working for me these past few days. Anyway, glad that the MathML renderer works for you.

Regarding the issues that you have found:
    • formula background is white, need to be gray as button default color. autoFillBackground does not help.
      I made it white because that seemed more 'natural' to me, not to mention that this widget is not a button, so I don't see why it should be grey.
    • Aslo font color changing through palette propery has effect: only for plain text, for MathML engine still black.
      I am not sure what you mean by this, sorry.
    • QwtText::setColor() has no effect.
    • QwtText::setBackgroundBrush() has no effect.
    • QwtText::setPaintAttribute() for color or background true or false has no effect.
      I am not sure to what you are referring here. I mean, the widget is QwtMathMLDocument, so...?
    • need to add qwt_mml_entity_table.h/cpp files to mathml.pro also.
      Quite possible. Personally, I use CMake, so...

I am sure there must be a way to fix your 'issues'. Unfortunately, I really don't have time for it at the moment, not least since it has yet to be officially included in Qwt. However, if Uwe was to officially incorporate my changes into Qwt, then I would certainly try to find the time to iron things out.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by agarny View Post
    Sorry AlekseyK, qtcentre.org wasn't working for me these past few days.
    It was down.

Anyway, glad that the MathML renderer works for you.
    Thank You very much for this.

Regarding the issues that you have found:
    [LIST][*]formula background is white, need to be gray as button default color. autoFillBackground does not help.
    I made it white because that seemed more 'natural' to me, not to mention that this widget is not a button, so I don't see why it should be grey.
    For document - yes. For label it should have label background, like in my example: http://www.qtcentre.org/attachment.p...138969&thumb=1

[*]Aslo font color changing through palette propery has effect: only for plain text, for MathML engine still black.
    I am not sure what you mean by this, sorry.
    Formula font color. It is always black. I'd like to change it.

[*]QwtText::setColor() has no effect.[*]QwtText::setBackgroundBrush() has no effect.[*]QwtText::setPaintAttribute() for color or background true or false has no effect.
    I am not sure to what you are referring here. I mean, the widget is QwtMathMLDocument, so...?
    I use QwtTextLabel.

I am sure there must be a way to fix your 'issues'. Unfortunately, I really don't have time for it at the moment, not least since it has yet to be officially included in Qwt. However, if Uwe was to officially incorporate my changes into Qwt, then I would certainly try to find the time to iron things out.
    Thank You. Hope Uwe will see this conversation and add patches to official Qwt sources.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by AlekseyK View Post
    Hope Uwe will see this conversation and add patches to official Qwt sources.
    Unfortunately I lost a lot of time with implementing all the spline interpolation algos ( out of personal interest ) and I'm also working on another open source project, what is the reason why I'm heavily delayed with 6.2 - at least I hope I can release 6.1.3 soon.

Alans version of the MathML stuff can be seen as the official version - it is planned to become part of Qwt 6.3. But always keep in mind, that its not my priority to offer a first class MathML package - all I ( and of course Alan in the first place ) did was to turn the orphaned MathML implementation from the Qt solutions package into something "usable".

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Thank You, Uwe! Will wait for qwt updates. Of course good to have Alan's version earlier: in 6.2 or 6.1.3. Alan's version works fine, only good to fix issues mentioned above.