Thread: QTableWidget - how to place specific cell in top-left corner of viewport?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default QTableWidget - how to place specific cell in top-left corner of viewport?

I'm using a QTableWidget and want to provide the ability to "zoom to the selected cells". This necessitates that, post-zoom, I put a specific cell in the top-left corner of the viewport.

The steps for this would be:

1. Allow the user to make a free selection of a range of cells
    2. Resize all the cells, so that the selected geometry will exactly fill the available viewport size
    3. Scroll the table so the top-left corner of the selection appears in the top-left corner of the viewport

The problem lies in step #3.

I'm using scrollToItem(), but this does not provide enough options to guarantee that the item will be scrolled to the top-left corner of the viewport. The only options available are PositionAtCenter, PositionAtBottom, PositionAtTop, EnsureVisible.

What is really needed is a PositionAtTopLeft.

The problem can be seen in the attached screenshots. I need cell #404 to be in the top-left corner.

Is there a way to place a specific cell in the top-left corner with QTableWidget?

Table_zoom1.jpg
    Table_zoom2.jpg
    Table_zoom3.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QTableWidget - how to place specific cell in top-left corner of viewport?

Seems like you should be able to combine QTableView::columnViewportPosition() and rowViewportPortPosition() with scroll() to position the cell.

3. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

alketi (13th May 2013)