Thread: Running QTMobility 1.2 with QT 4.8.4: The specified module could not be found

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Running QTMobility 1.2 with QT 4.8.4: The specified module could not be found

Hi,

I am new to QT and I am trying to write some plug-ins for a given program.
    Unfortunately I have a problem getting the program running.

What I did:

- QT 4.8.4 VS 2010 installed: http://download.qt-project.org/offic...8.4-vs2010.exe (The Visual Studio Edition, because PySide is compiled with it, too)
    - Python 2.7.5
    - PySide installed: http://releases.qt-project.org/pysid...in32-py2.7.exe
    - Visual Studio 2010 Express with Visual C++ 2010 installed
    - Perl installed
    - QT Mobility 1.2 downloaded: http://ftp3.ie.freebsd.org/pub/ftp.t...-src-1.2.0.zip
    - QT Mobility installed and condifured concerning to this guide: http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...ing-on-windows
    - Eclipse Juno mit PyDev installed

My Problem:
    Starting the program with QML_IMPORT_TRACE and QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS set to 1 shows the following result:
    QDeclarativeImportDatabase::addImportPath: "C:\QtMobility\bin"
    QDeclarativeImportDatabase::addImportPath: "C:\QtMobility\lib"
    QDeclarativeImportDatabase::addImportPath: "C:\Qt\4.8.4\imports"
    QDeclarativeImportDatabase::addImportPath: "C:/Python27"
    QNetworkAccessFileBackendFactory: URL has no schema set, use file:// for files
    QDeclarativeImports(D:\Daten\Eclipse\Testing\front end\frontend.qml)::addImport: "." -1.-1 File as ""
    QDeclarativeImports(D:\Daten\Eclipse\Testing\front end\frontend.qml)::addImport: "QtQuick" 1.1 Library as ""
    QDeclarativeImports(D:\Daten\Eclipse\Testing\front end\frontend.qml)::addImport: "TwitterCrawler" 1.0 Library as ""
    QDeclarativeImports(D:\Daten\Eclipse\Testing\front end\frontend.qml)::addImport: "QtMobility.location" 1.2 Library as ""
    QDeclarativeImportDatabase::importPlugin: "QtMobility.location" from "C:/Qt/4.8.4/imports/QtMobility/location/declarative_location.dll"
    QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "C:/Qt/4.8.4/imports/QtMobility/location/declarative_location.dll" : "Cannot load library C:/Qt/4.8.4/imports/QtMobility/location/declarative_location.dll: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden."
    D:\Daten\Eclipse\Testing\frontend\frontend.qml:23: 1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMobility.location": Cannot load library C:/Qt/4.8.4/imports/QtMobility/location/declarative_location.dll: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

The last sentence is German for "The specified Procedure could not be found"

Testing the dependency of the above dll with dependency walker just tells me that a ieshims.dll is not found. Concerning to Goolge search results, this is a "normal" error and should not be a problem.

I have installed all the things above on three different Laptops/VMs with the same result. I also had the chance to test the developers dlls, but the result is the same...

So might someone have an idea what the problem could be?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Running QTMobility 1.2 with QT 4.8.4: The specified module could not be found

Solution: Use 4.7.4 instead..........