Thread: OpenGL text rendering not working!! Unable to resolve glProgramParameteri

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default OpenGL text rendering not working!! Unable to resolve glProgramParameteri

Working with QGLWidget.

After hours spent at looking for the reason, why QPainter can draw pixels, lines and polygons, but cannot draw text, i copied 1:1 the example project "Sample buffers", ran it, only to see that it is not working either.

The issue applies to both QPainter painting on a QGLWidget and native OpenGL painting on a QGLWidget. Both can paint virtually anything without errors, but not text.
    In the example project, when I comment out
    Qt Code:
    1. //renderText(-0.35, 0.4, 0.0, "Multisampling enabled");
    2. //renderText(0.15, 0.4, 0.0, "Multisampling disabled");
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    it works nice and I can see the image which I should see, without the text, of course. And the program closes normal...

But when these lines are not commented out, I see a empty, plain white window without any drawing. And when I close the program, it throws a segfault.

When using functions for text drawing, I get on the debug console three times "getProcAddress: Unable to resolve 'glProgramParameteri' ". Both in the example and in my own program.

Is this a hardware/driver issue or is something wrong with Qt?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: OpenGL text rendering not working!! Unable to resolve glProgramParameteri

I got the same question with you.What I confuse is it is OK in qt4, but come in qt5.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: OpenGL text rendering not working!! Unable to resolve glProgramParameteri

I have the same issue. With Qt 4 void QGLWidget::renderText(double x, double y, double z, const QString & str, const QFont & font = QFont()) works fine, but not with Qt 5.
    Any advice?