Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Cross platform application???

hi,
    I think there are very few posts( or may be none) on this forum abt making cross platform applications.
    Can anyone enlighten me that how can we make a simple application( may be like hello world), cross platform( to be able to run on linux, if made on windows)?
    Do we need to install the same version of Qt on the system on which we want to run the exe made on other system? Like for example, i made a program of simply drawing lines and some 3d features which uses Qglwidget and all.now its successfully executing on my system. if i am trying to simply take tht exe on other system(where the Qt is not installed) and run tht then its giving error like Qtopengl4.dll or Qtgui4.dll is not found.
    so this means that we need to install Qt on the system where all we want to execute its exe?
    so now if its true then can anyone tell me that how can we make the exe independent of the platform and the fact tht Qt shd be installed to run its exe??
    please give the links from internet or documentaion of Qt if its there because i could not find the information which i need.

thanks
    Last edited by Shuchi Agrawal; 14th February 2007 at 05:04. Reason: missing [code] tags
    I worked on windows Xp with Qt 4.2.2(Open Source Version) and MinGw
    now i am trying the same things on Fedora Core 5 (linux-gcc) and Qt 4.2.2 open source edition.