Thread: QWT lib in my project tree

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QWT lib in my project tree

Hi!

I am building a application that runs on different systems and different QT versions (windows/linux qt 4.7 and 5.2) and what I want to do is add qwt lib to my project, not as a "external" lib but as a internal source code. In other words I don't want to build and install qwt on every system separately, but make something (some kind of .pro file magic ) to build qwt for current system and current qt version.
    source tree of my application that I want to have
    myApp
    |
    |->libs // external libraries
    | |->qwt
    | |->libXXXX
    |->scr // my source files
    |->include //my include files

I found some materials about different ways of installing qwt but not such one that I need

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QWT lib in my project tree

You can install Qwt wherever you want ( also inside of your project tree ) by changing QWT_INSTALL_PREFIX in qwtconfig.pri.
    ( F.e if you don't have admin permissions ( or don't want to be root ) for installing Qwt in a proper way )

On my box I have 2 different installations of Qwt 6.1.0 myself:

• /usr/local/qwt-6.1.0-qt5.2
    • /usr/local/qwt-6.1.0-qt4.8

Uwe

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: QWT lib in my project tree

I'd like to resurrect this discussion. I am attempting to build QWT as a static lib and link against it in my application. I do not want to install QWT, but rather build it at the same time as my app as a subproject.

I have set the appropriate options in qwtconfig.pri and can successfully build the qwt lib on its own. The qwt.pro file uses the subdirs template, meaning each of its subfolders has its own .pro file and is built individually. Then there are custom qwtfunctions which gather the resulting .obj files and package them into a single static lib.

Now I'd like to build qwt as a subproject to my app. My first (failed) approach was to include(qwt.pro) in my app.pro file. However, qwt is not built in this case. After further reading, my second approach was to create a root subdirs project file, making my app and qwt subdirs. In this case, qwt is built but it does not package up the .obj files into the static lib!

Please, does anyone know enough about QWT and/or the Qt build system to help me understand why the lib isn't created? Using messages I'm able to tell that the custom qwtfunctions are being called, but I have no means to debug further. Much appreciated.

Go here to follow or reply to this topic on the Qt forums.
    Last edited by kenfred; 13th November 2015 at 19:04. Reason: updated contents