Thread: "Plugin verification data dismatch" Faile to use Qwt plugin in designer of Qt creator

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows Android

Default "Plugin verification data dismatch" Faile to use Qwt plugin in designer of Qt creator

I am sorry for posting this question here, but this problem has bothered me for couple days...
    and most of information I found from Google didn't really help me solving the problems.

My development environment is:
    • Qwt 6.1.0
    • Win 7 32bit
    • Qt 4.8.5 (for MSVC2010)
    • Qt creator 3.0.0 (standalone version, not from SDK package, and I use MSVC2010 compiler)

Here is how I installed Qwt. I've followed the building steps from this site: http://www.k9spud.com/Qwt-Plug-in
    For simplicity, these are what I've done:

1. download Qwt 6.1.0 zip file from sourceforge
    2. unzip it to D:/Qt/qwt-6.1.0
    3. open command promt of Qt 4.8.5, run qmake then nmake to compile the qwt.pro file
    4. Copy"qwt_designer_plugin.dll" to D:Qt/qtcreator-3.0.0/bin/plugins/designer
    5. Copy "qwt.dll" and "qwtd.dll" to some specific folders

When I want to use Qwt widgets in form editor (designer) of Qt creator, I found there is no Qwt widget can be used.
    The Tools->Form Editor->About Qt Designer Plugins shows the error message about "qwt_designer_plugin.dll" which is

"Plugin verification data dismatch"

Although I can still run and compile Qwt examples, and create my own Qwt project without the help of designer, I do want to use the designer features in Qt creator.

Could someone please give me a direction or reference site for how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: "Plugin verification data dismatch" Faile to use Qwt plugin in designer of Qt cre

Guess the creator has been built for Qt5. As any plugin needs to binary compatible with the application loading it you can't load a Qwt designer plugin ( and Qwt library ) build for Qt4.
    So read http://qwt.sourceforge.net/qwtinstall.html#INTEGRATION and then build and install Qwt twice: for Qt4 and Qt5.

Uwe

PS: do a proper "make install" instead of copying files manually - otherwise don't expect any further support from here !

3. The following user says thank you to Uwe for this useful post:

Tay2510 (18th February 2014)