Thread: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

FMC ( and elcuco)...

I am sure I am not the only one not active in the project but still very interested in it - at least I cross my fingers that the project will continue. Either FMC alone (making it maybe a community thing later on) or with the ongoing project team.

Anyhow, FMC keep up your good work - and don't let the bumps in the road deter you

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

FMC ( and elcuco)...

I am sure I am not the only one not active in the project but still very interested in it - at least I cross my fingers that the project will continue. Either FMC alone (making it maybe a community thing later on) or with the ongoing project team.

Anyhow, FMC keep up your good work - and don't let the bumps in the road deter you
    I'm very pleased to get such a praise!
    I won't "let the bumps in the road deter me" and I welcome any help but it looks like the original team is dead.

Anyway I'll continue working on it, alone if needed. The Berlios project may very well be closed and I think DevQt will just reborn under a new name, with a clear roadmap, a new team...

As you said I may consider make it a community thing later on because I need to familiarize with project management and administration, to properly organize a new project account, to design a new site and so on...

In the meantime I would greatly appreciate to get feedbacks, bug reports ( and possibly fixes) and other ideas. You'll probably have to wait longer but I think the result will be worth the time you'll have waited for it (at least I hope so).

Yes. The place doesn't matter (it only affects the scope of the declaration).
    So removing the parens would have been fine but why did it compile under mingw 3.4.2 and gcc 4.0.2 ?

Why should I have to look into any directory? Adding a .pro file with SUBDIRS target does the trick.
    Yep but SUBDIRS target does not work properly under win. Anyway I moved the project files and build script in the main dir...

Does it mean you shouldn't use it anymore?
    No! It just means I didn't want to deliberatly offend members of the team...

But that's what's SVN for! You can put unstable code there and when it becomes stable, you tag it and make a new release. SVN is used for development, not for releasing files.
    I know that... The point with the new branch is that I radically changed the architecture of the app and didn't want other members to go in a wrong direction because of a misunderstanding of my code...

What's wrong with it? How does it affect svn connection? BTW. You don't need to have a SVN client installed to use SVN. You can use a command line version which surely doesn't have any special requirements for access rights or disk space.
    It just doesn't connect... And when it does it's only under win (Suse's Kinternet always fails) with a very slow 56k and parents allowing me only a few minutes of connection. When I do it at school I have a fast DSL connection but no svn client (not even a command line one...)

I couldn't find the (in?)famous roadmap, so I can't tell how did you progress. I think you need to spend few hours together talking about what and why you want to achieve. IRC, VoIP or instant messaging can help here...
    Too late... I regret it but they've just failed to understand that a 16years old student is kinda busy thus thet left me alone and I don't need IRC, VoIP or instant messaging to share ideas with myself...

It would be a shame to see such an effort wasted.
    Yep but it won't be wasted!

And if you need help, why don't you ask for it?
    Didn't we asked there for help about various topics? Text editor, QProcess stuff, file association...
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder
    So removing the parens would have been fine but why did it compile under mingw 3.4.2 and gcc 4.0.2 ?
    I don't know that. Maybe a gcc extension of some kind...

Yep but SUBDIRS target does not work properly under win.
    Are you sure? Qt uses SUBDIRS to build itself and it builds itself fine. I have never had problems with SUBDIRS on Windows, at least I remember none.

No! It just means I didn't want to deliberatly offend members of the team...
    You could have always asked your teammates.

It just doesn't connect...
    Have you tried different protocols? svn://, http:// ? Have you tried removing the firewall? Maybe it's preventing you from connecting?

And when it does it's only under win (Suse's Kinternet always fails) with a very slow 56k and parents allowing me only a few minutes of connection.
    Remember that you can compress the traffic to/from svn.

When I do it at school I have a fast DSL connection but no svn client (not even a command line one...)
    Why not install one on your account?

Too late... I regret it but they've just failed to understand that a 16years old student is kinda busy
    Believe me, we are all busy.

thus thet left me alone and I don't need IRC, VoIP or instant messaging to share ideas with myself...
    Maybe it's not too late to reactivate the team?

Yep but it won't be wasted!
    You said yourself, that you're busy...

Didn't we asked there for help about various topics? Text editor, QProcess stuff, file association...
    I didn't mean that kind of help. Solving issues is one thing. Participating in a project is another.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Are you sure? Qt uses SUBDIRS to build itself and it builds itself fine. I have never had problems with SUBDIRS on Windows, at least I remember none.
    Then it may be a WinME specific bug... When I built Qt under win I had to craft batch files to have it compiled... the problem comes from something like that :
    Qt Code:
    1. cd src && qmake
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    This just does not work with command.com

Why not install one on your account?
    Maybe because I can't... system is write protected in the sense that only one storage place is accessible : a network disk dedicated to a whole class and the local disk is not accessible...

Maybe it's not too late to reactivate the team?
    Nice hope but I think it's much too late... Elcuco was the only one still using svn, mailing lists and so on... And as you can see he gave up.

You said yourself, that you're busy...
    There's busy and busy! I'm busy enough to can't afford wasting my time in waiting for the team member to join IRC or instant messaging but I've got enough spare time to do some good work and if french students have long days they also have long holidays!
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode