Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Camera example application not working on android / HTC Flyer

Hi

Does QCamera work on android?

I tried the provided example (in Qt/5.2.1/Src/qtmultimedia/examples/multimediawidgets/camera) but do not get a preview image. When I cover the lens of the camera (so that no light reaches it), the Application Output in QtCreator is (repeated, when I cover and uncover the lens):
    D/Camera ( 7284): HTC_CALLBACK: callbackType=4 arg1=1 arg2=0 mHtcCallback=null
    D/Camera ( 7284): HTC_CALLBACK: callbackType=4 arg1=0 arg2=0 mHtcCallback=null
    D/Camera ( 7284): HTC_CALLBACK: callbackType=4 arg1=1 arg2=0 mHtcCallback=null
    D/Camera ( 7284): HTC_CALLBACK: callbackType=4 arg1=0 arg2=0 mHtcCallback=null
    I can click on the button 'Capture Photo' once (subsequently the button is grey'ed), I hear the shutter sound and get the following message in the Application Output window:
    W/Qt ( 7284): image/qimage.cpp:4491 (QImage QImage::scaled(const QSize&, Qt::AspectRatioMode, Qt::TransformationMode) const): QImage::scaled: Image is a null image
    Thus, no image is captured. And subsequently, I can no longer observe a reaction when covering/uncovering the lens.

My versions: Qt 5.2.1, QtCreator 3.1.0 (running on Linux Ubuntu 12.04LTS)
    My device: HTC Flyer running Android 3.2.1 (with HTC Sense 1.1), rooted; and front and rear cameras work with other applications.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Camera example application not working on android / HTC Flyer

Hi

Further testing: the camera example app from Qt/5.2.1/Src/qtmultimedia/examples/multimediawidgets/camera works on a tablet running android 4.0.3 (it's an Acer A500), but not on a HTC Flyer with Android 3.2.1 (asreported previously). The AndroidManifest.xml that is created by QtCreator as part of the build / deploy step includes "<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>", thus Android 3.2.1 should be supported.

Is it anyhow that QCamera and related classes do not support Android 3.2.1? Anything else that is special / incompatible with a HTC Flyer? How can I figure out, which models or android versions are supported to inform customers accordingly?