Thread: how to optimize zooming of images & identify zoomed area in original image

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default how to optimize zooming of images & identify zoomed area in original image

hi i m working on project of parallel graphics
    i want to optimize zooming bcz when we zoomed the image distorted image is displayed
    if any one knows how to optimize zooming plz tell me

i want to know how much area of original image is displayed by the monitor.
    bcz the image is start displaying from bottom left and the zoomed image goes and only some part is displying so i want to know the area which is displyed on the screen

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: how to optimize zooming of images & identify zoomed area in original image

"Optimise" in what way? If you zoom an image, you'll always lose quality...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: how to optimize zooming of images & identify zoomed area in original image

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you want to achive? Do you have large images that do not fit on a screen because their resolution exeeds the screen resolution? In this case, do you simply want to zoom in until you reach 1:1 ratio (1 screen pixel = 1 pixel in your image) or do you want to zoom further?

Some more details would help us help you :-)
    Andreas

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by ghorwin View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit more on what you want to achive? Do you have large images that do not fit on a screen because their resolution exeeds the screen resolution? In this case, do you simply want to zoom in until you reach 1:1 ratio (1 screen pixel = 1 pixel in your image) or do you want to zoom further?

Some more details would help us help you :-)
    now i m working project parallel graphics or tiled image viewer here we hav to divide the image into 4 parts and display them on 4 different clients so when i want to zoom one part of image using glPixelZoom() in openGl then it start from bottom left corner and the upper part of the image will lost so i want that lost part to be displyed on other screen
    i will tell you our screens positions
    A B
    C D

so suppose i m zooming the image then upper part of C D will lost and A B are displaying images from bottom so i want to know how much part C or D is displaying after zoom so
    that in A B i can display the appropriate parts