Thread: How to solve the compile error when using QLabel to display pictures in QMainWindow

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Question How to solve the compile error when using QLabel to display pictures in QMainWindow

I'm in trouble to display a picture in QMainWindow using QLabel. I even copied the code from tutorial, but the compiler still fails to compile it. It always remind me a QLabel member is not defined.

Here's my code :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Error Information:
    Ui::WindowClass has no member "imageLabel"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    /*Window.h*/
    #include <QtWidgets/QMainWindow>
    #include <QtWidgets/QLabel>
    #include "ui_window.h"

class Window : public QMainWindow {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    Window(QWidget *parent = 0) {}
    private:
    Ui::WindowClass *ui;
    QLabel *imageLabel;
    };
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    /*Window.cpp*/
    #include "window.h"
    #include "ui_window.h"

Window::Window(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::WindowClass) {
    ui->setupUi(this);
    QImage image("./Resources/Tree.png");
    ui->imageLabel->setPixmap(QPixmap::fromImage(image));
    }
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I know the imageLabel member is declared in Window, not in Ui::WindowClass, but how can I fix it?
    BTW, I use Qt5 and VS2013

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: How to solve the compile error when using QLabel to display pictures in QMainWind

Check the .ui file. The label imageLabel you want to set does not exist in the UI. Redo and remove the QLabel *imageLablel; from the header file. You can also remove the QLabel header (it will be included from ui_window.h).

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to solve the compile error when using QLabel to display pictures in QMainWind

Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    Check the .ui file. The label imageLabel you want to set does not exist in the UI. Redo and remove the QLabel *imageLablel; from the header file. You can also remove the QLabel header (it will be included from ui_window.h).
    Do you mean adding QLabel *imageLabel to ui_window.h file? I think .ui file is edited in Qt Creator Designer. So I added QLabel *imageLabel to ui_window.h file and deleted it in window.h file. The program can pass the compile now, but it doesn't show a window as I expected. Do you know what the problem is?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

No. Do not edit .ui files yourself (unless you are fixing Designer's errors). Remove the changes done by yourself, open the .ui. file in the Designer, and check the label. It has a different name, it is not a QLabel, or it is not in the .ui file at all. Fix the label, save, and try again.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Thank you, you answer helps a lot! I added a label in .ui file, using Designer. Also, I found in ui_window.h, there's a declaration: QLabel *label; so I gave up imageLabel and used label instead. Now I can open the window and show the picture.