Hi There,

I am new to QT and this forum. I am working on a project in which I need to use external C library(it has got several threads). This library has got various functions and callback functions. I have managed to integrate this library by defining a separate class with a pointer to main Widget class. These callbacks get called when some data is changed. I need to reflect this data change on the GUI which uses QtLabels. At present I am using a timer and connecting that timer to an gui update functions and some global variables(I know using global variables is bad practise). I am not sure whether this is a correct method to do it, secondly using Qt timers increases the CPU usage drastically. I am using an embedded ARM platfrom to run the application.

Searching online on how to update GUI, people recommended using threads. Being new to QT i am struggling to understand how to run external C library as thread and then update the GUI.

Can any one please shade some light on how to do this, an example project would be really very helpfull to undertand how this can be done.

thanks in advance