Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to include libqxt to use in my project

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default How to include libqxt to use in my project

I am planning to use libqxt to use its emailing service. I downloaded the zip package from here. As per the README instruction, I first ran qmake, followed by make. Both worked fine. Now I see the lib folder being generated with a number of dynamic libraries and frameworks inside. Which one do I need to use for the emailing bit, as explained here?

And which header files do I need to include?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: How to include libqxt to use in my project

You need to link with QxtNetwork.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Thanks. Can you tell me how do I do that? There is a QxtNetwork.framework file in my lib folder now, and a QxtNetwork folder in includes, and the folder contains many binaries like QxtSshClient, QxtSshProcess, etc. Which ones do I need to link? And which header files do I need to include?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Doesn't the readme explain that?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Not much. It says this:

1) configure

make sure qmake is in your PATH and run ./configure or configure.bat on windows.

see configure --help for more information

(for msvc you could try ./configure.bat -msvc and open
    the solution file in msvc, we recomend compiling on
    commandline though)

2) build

type make or nmake when using msvc
    then don't forget to make install
    Note: This will also install qxt.prf to your qtdir/mkspecs/features directory.

3) use

Add the following lines to your qmake project file:
    CONFIG += qxt
    QXT += core gui

The QXT variable should contain the modules you want. (In this example core and gui are used.)
    Note: Some modules depend on other modules. The required modules are added automatically.

if you have an existing msvc project and can't swtich to qmake you can use zbenjamins solution:

Howto use libqxt in a existing Visual Studio Project:
    1. create and install libqxt. (See install instructions)
    2. add {libqxtinstalldir}\include\qxt\QxtCore to your include path
    3. add {libqxtinstalldir}\lib to your library search path
    4. to add a specific libqxt module (f.e QxtSql) you have to:
    - add {libqxtinstalldir}\include\qxt\QxtSql to your include path
    - add the library QxtSql.lib to your project
    Most of the times you have also to include the QxtCore and QxtKit modules.
    It's done the same way like the example above.
    So I did the first two steps. I tried sudo make install, but it threw an error - cp: cannot stat ‘/Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master/doc/html/*’: No such file or directory. Anyway now I am left with the folder structure where there are includes, but not libraries. As per the example above, there sould be QxtSql.lib somehwere, can't find it. The lib folder contains QxtSql.framework, no QxtSql.lib..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

To use QXT you need to follow step 3 from the readme. It clearly says what you should do.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Yes, it may, as you have already said, and I replied that I tried following it, and even gave my results about where exactly I am stuck. If you don't want to bother helping me, it's totally fine, but please don't continuously say the same thing = 'It is mentioned in step 3'.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

You said you followed the first two steps, so what exactly did you do from step 3?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

I said that I don't know where the libraries are installed. The lib folder consist of several frameworks, one of which is QxtNetwork.framework. There is no QxtSql.lib library, as mentioned in the MSVC step (even though I am using Mac). However, in the QxtNetwork.framework, if I go inside it, I find a folder called Versions, which contains another folder called Current. Inside that, there is a folder called includes which contains lots of header files, and a QxtNetwork file, which seems to be a binary. In order to follow step 3, modifying the CONFIG and QXT variables, I first need to place the appropriate binaries and dependencies in the right places. What to include, and where to?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by Cupidvogel View Post
    IIn order to follow step 3, modifying the CONFIG and QXT variables, I first need to place the appropriate binaries and dependencies in the right places.
    No, you need to modify your CONFIG and QXT variables:

3) use

Add the following lines to your qmake project file:
    CONFIG += qxt
    QXT += core gui

The QXT variable should contain the modules you want. (In this example core and gui are used.)
    Note: Some modules depend on other modules. The required modules are added automatically.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Seriously? I will modify CONFIG and QXT in my pro file and it wil magically find where they are located in my HDD? Anyway, I did that. The build ran fine, no error. But I need to use QxtSMTP, so I added network along with core and gui. How do I import QXtSMTP? By just including the source/lib/includes to my project and add that path in the INCLUDEPATH?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Seriously? I will modify CONFIG and QXT in my pro file and it wil magically find where they are located in my HDD?
    Yes, because qxt.prf was copied to your Qt installation directory. Exactly as written in the readme file...

How do I import QXtSMTP?
    The docs suggest:

Qt Code:
    1. #include <QxtSmtp>
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

By just including the source/lib/includes to my project and add that path in the INCLUDEPATH?
    You don't need to modify INCLUDEPATH. That's what the CONFIG+=qxt thing does.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Thanks. The writing to the .prf file failed I guess, for the make install step failed with the message I gave. Any idea on how to fix it? And if this is how it works, then how do I package the code?

For you understanding, we include all libraries and dependent header files in our source/lib folder. The project.pro files specifies that based on platform (say Mac or Windows), the appropriate binaries and header files are copied into the install directory. The binaries which we main in the source/lib are pushed to Git repo through git-fit. Here what do I push then? Where are the libraries and includes which I need to ship?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

The writing to the .prf file failed I guess, for the make install step failed with the message I gave.
    The message was that the documentation could not be copied. This has nothing to do with the prf file. You can see if it was copied or not yourself (the readme file lists the location where this file is going to be copied).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

No, it hasn't been copied. However I do find a qxt.prf file in the features folder in the libqxt-master folder (from where I ran make and configure initially).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

The docs are built by calling "make docs". You can try building them and see if the installation continues when calling make install (remember about write access rights to the target directory).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Sigh. I am getting malloc error trap. Is there no other way to do it? That is, by not modifying CONFIG or qxt variables, but by including the necessary libraries and header files in the appropriate path manually?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Sigh. I am getting malloc error trap.
    Where are you getting it?

Is there no other way to do it? That is, by not modifying CONFIG or qxt variables, but by including the necessary libraries and header files in the appropriate path manually?
    Sure. You can copy whatever is in the prf file to your pro file and adjust all the variables manually. Don't expect my help with that though

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

/Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master/src/core/qxtglobal.cpp:201: Undocumented parameter 'PUB' in QXT_P()
    /Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master/src/core/qxtglobal.cpp:201: No such parameter 'QXT_DECLARE_PUBLIC' in QXT_P()
    qdoc3(31442,0x7fff79948300) malloc: *** error for object 0x1109c1a40: pointer being freed was not allocated
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
    /bin/sh: line 1: 31442 Abort trap: 6 ( QXT_SOURCE_TREE=/Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master QXT_BUILD_TREE=/Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master /Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master/tools/3rdparty/qdoc3/qdoc3 -DQXT_DOXYGEN_RUN /Users/Cupidvogel/Desktop/mail/libqxt-master/doc/src/qxt.qdocconf )
    make: *** [adp_docs] Error 134
    The .prf file contains something like this:

contains(QXT, network) {
    contains(QXT_MODULES, network)EFINES += QXT_NETWORK_LIB
    else:warning(Qxt was built without QxtNetwork)

DEPENDPATH += $${QXT_INSTALL_HEADERS}/QxtNetwork
    INCLUDEPATH += $${QXT_INSTALL_HEADERS}/QxtNetwork
    macx:INCLUDEPATH += $${QXT_INSTALL_LIBS}/QxtNetwork.framework/HEADERS/

qtAddLibrary(QxtNetwork)
    QXT += core
    QT += network
    }
    Now I can find the $${QXT_INSTALL_LIBS}/QxtNetwork.framework/HEADERS/ and include all header files. By $${QXT_INSTALL_HEADERS}/QxtNetwork, I guess it means the the QxtNetwork folder in includes, which contains lots of header files without .h extension. I opened some of them, all they do is reference the corresponding .h file in
    $${QXT_INSTALL_LIBS}/QxtNetwork.framework/HEADERS/, i.e, the QxtJSONRpcClient file in include/QxtNetwork has only one line - "#include "qxtjsonrpcclient.h", and the qxtjsonrpcclient.h file is present in $${QXT_INSTALL_LIBS}/QxtNetwork.framework/HEADERS/.

Where do I get the libraries?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Within the calls to qtAddLibrary.