Thread: Qt5: Mac OS Issue, trying to suppress popup menu in QMainWindow titlebar/proxy icon.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Post Qt5: Mac OS Issue, trying to suppress popup menu in QMainWindow titlebar/proxy icon.

Hello,
    I am using QMainWindow::setWindowIcon() and QMainWindow::setWindowTitle() to set the icon and window title for my main window on my Qt Application. My application is portable to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.

My problem is that for Mac OS, I do not want the popup menu to appear on the title-bar when the use clicks on the proxy icon (I believe this is used primarily for NSDocument behavior for navigation and drag&drop). I was wondering how to suppress/disable the popup using the Qt API?

NOTE: I have seen some approaches in Objective C in manipulating the NSWindow (overriding methods), but I would really like to confine my changes or specialization to the Qt API if possible.

Thanks,
    David

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt5: Mac OS Issue, trying to suppress popup menu in QMainWindow titlebar/proxy ic

You can check if QtMacExtras provides someting for that http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmacextras-index.html

Cheers,
    _