Thread: Implementing QListWidget sortItems

Qt products
    Qt5

Default Implementing QListWidget sortItems

Hi, I'm wondering how to go about implementing QListWidget::sortItems() based on different data in my custom QListWidgetItem.
    For example, to be able to call sortItems(Type::ID) or sortItems(Type::Name) with both ascending and decending option but I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about doing that.

On a related note, I can't seem to find a method for getting all the QListWidgetItems in QListWidget, how would one go about getting a list of the items? Just create a basic for loop and call QListWidget::Item?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Implementing QListWidget sortItems

Quote Originally Posted by Superwig View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering how to go about implementing QListWidget::sortItems() based on different data in my custom QListWidgetItem.
    For example, to be able to call sortItems(Type::ID) or sortItems(Type::Name) with both ascending and decending option but I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about doing that.
    What is the problem you are having?

On a related note, I can't seem to find a method for getting all the QListWidgetItems in QListWidget, how would one go about getting a list of the items? Just create a basic for loop and call QListWidget::Item?
    QListWidget::item() returns a given item, QListWidget::count() returns the number of items.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt5

How to reimplement sortItems

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

When you call sortItems(), the list view will run a sorting algorthm on its items, using the items' operator<() for comparison.
    So you decide which item "is less than" another by reiplementing that operator.

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt5

Quote Originally Posted by anda_skoa View Post
    When you call sortItems(), the list view will run a sorting algorthm on its items, using the items' operator<() for comparison.
    So you decide which item "is less than" another by reiplementing that operator.

Cheers,
    _
    So how would you go about implementing a sort function on the items which takes a parameter?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

You would check the current settings of the list widget owning the item and act upon that.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.