Thread: On Redhat 6.6, execute standalone made by QT5.4 causing black screen

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default On Redhat 6.6, execute standalone made by QT5.4 causing black screen

I'm using QT 5.4.2 for development
    After deployment, the standalone program works on most of Linux platform except RedHat 6.6
    Once I execute the program, my screen becomes full-screen black, and I can use Alt+F4 to go back desktop
    I already tried the same standalone program on RH 6.5,7.0 and last version of Cents.
    It works properly

Then I tried to use QT4 to deploy my program, but there were some lib difference in between so I could not successfully deploy it.
    I wrote a small test program and use QT4 to deploy on RH6.6.
    It can work without black screen.

Right now I can't modify my code without QT creator under QT4, but I couldn't find and download QT4 - QT creator.
    Does anyone have similar experience and can give me some suggestion?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: On Redhat 6.6, execute standalone made by QT5.4 causing black screen

You shouldn't need a Qt4 based build of QtCreator to use it for Qt4 development, i.e. the Qt5 based version should be fine.

As for the actual problem: have you tried running the program as the only X client?
    I.e. to see if the problem is between Qt and the system or if some other program (e.g. window manager, compositor) is interfering.

Is this always the same machine? I.e. same hardware configuration as for RH 6.5 which works?

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: On Redhat 6.6, execute standalone made by QT5.4 causing black screen

Thanks for response

I install both RH 6.6 and 6.5 with the same configuration, and configure QT source with the same option.
    Between install OS and configure QT, I didn't install or upgrade any package or program.
    And I have tested three systems, different hardware configuration, and each of them has been tried 6.5 and 6.6.
    They all have the same issue.

BR