Thread: Find what QTableWidgetItem is causing closeEditor(...) in my QTableWidget?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Find what QTableWidgetItem is causing closeEditor(...) in my QTableWidget?

Hi

I use Qt 5.4.0 and in my application I have a class (call it MyTable) derived from QTableWidget. Now I wonder if/how I can find out what cell/QTableWidgetItem that causes MyTable::closeEditor(QWidget* editor, QAbstractItemDelegate::EndEditHint hint) to be called? That is, when closeEditor(...) is entered, is there a way to find out what cell has just been edited?

Hope this could be understood.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Find what QTableWidgetItem is causing closeEditor(...) in my QTableWidget?

maybe describe what you want to effectively achieve. there could be other ways of doing that.

Cheers,
    _

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Find what QTableWidgetItem is causing closeEditor(...) in my QTableWidget?

Hi,
    Well, basically what I need is to be able to find out what is the data (QTableWidgetItem::​data(int role)) of the item that's being edited. This is of importance for me since futher processing of the content in the cell depends on the data (in my case, role is Qt::UserRole). In some special cases, I will need to programmatically change the content of the cell, and I do not know that until I'm in MyTable::closeEditor(). At least, I cannot find a way. The QTableWidget::​cellChanged() won't do for example when I've edited the cell content but not changed it (that is, simply written the same text again as was in the cell before). I really need to know what cell has been edited (but maybe not changed) also for such cases.
    Perhaps only more confusing...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: голосовые поздравления другу

Sounds like what you really need is your own item delegate and overwriting setEditorData() to do your checks.

I am not sure which delegate the QTableWidget uses by default, but it is probably a QStyledItemDelegate.
    So deriving from that and reimplementing the method should come close.

Cheers,
    _