Hello,

To be honest I have asked this elsewhere, but to no avail and it is a Qt-related question so I feel it should really have come here. I will stop and redirect the (unstarted) other thread if anything helpful is made public here.

Context: Two QGraphicsView+Scene pairs in two different windows and a simple QGraphicsItem hierarchy.
Problem: Application freezes on self.setRotation call from QGraphicsItem.paint methods when items visible on both views.
Example: Download the small tarball and start the she-banged file.
Remarks:
  • if you comment out both culprit setRotations (lines 66 and 95 in the GUI.graphics.contact module, marked with "#FIXME"), you get a running program where you can wheel in/out and pan the scene with no trouble.
  • The freeze also disappears if you comment out the new window creation (l. 17 in GUI.main).
  • No freeze if the items are out of the view.

Tried: Moving the setRotations out of the paint methods and setting from the parentItem, but still freezes, therefore not a problem of calling from the paint method.

Of course you may know exactly what is wrong with my code. But otherwise, what could possibly make a .setRotation(constant) call to freeze a program?

Thank you for any help you may provide, or for your time reading.
Michael.