Thread: Convert VS2010 project from Win32 to Qt5

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Convert VS2010 project from Win32 to Qt5

I am working with a Win32 project in VS2010, and am trying to move it from being a console project to being a Qt windowing project. I have Qt Add-in 1.2.2 with Qt5.1.1.

I looked online for how to do this, and found a number of links that seemed helpful. Particularly this one (others seem to say the same thing):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...o-a-qt-project

But when I completed the steps that Benjamin gave in his answer, and rebuilt, I got the error message:

error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\.obj'

Not a very helpful link error. I am not sure if Qt4VSv1.0 is correct, and have looked all over for information as to how this keyword is to be constructed. I assume that it should start with Qt5, but I'm not sure what the v1.0 refers to. Is that the add-in version?

I tried changing that to Qt5VSv1.2, but when I reloaded the project and right-clicked, the "Convert project to Qt Add-in project" option wasn't there, but a "Convert project to QMake generated project" was, and it was not highlighted so I couldn't select it. Changed it to Qt5VSv1.0 and got the same thing. Should I really be using the Qt4VSv1.0 keyword for Qt5.1.1 with add-in 1.2.2 on VS2010? I have no idea how to find out what this should be. And I don't really know what exactly this error is trying to tell me.

Also, Benjamin's instructions said that I should "add" the <keyword>Qt4VSv1.0</keyword> entry into the <PropertyGroup Label="Globals"> tag, so I had both the <keyword>Win32Proj</keyword> and the <keyword>Qt4VSv1.0</keyword> entries in there. I tried starting from scratch and taking out the Win32Proj entry, but that didn't make a difference.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Convert VS2010 project from Win32 to Qt5

Hi!
    First, it's important that if you are building for 32bit, you also have also 32bit version Qt and also it should have the same compilator MSVC not mingw.

The keyword should be <keyword>Qt4VSv1.0</keyword> that is correct, I am using VS2012 and Qt5.2.1 and it is working.

Maybe you could try newer version of Qt_vs_addin, try version 1.2.3, for example 1.2.4 is not working with VS2012, don't know why, and I am not the only one with this problem.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Thumbs up Re: Convert VS2010 project from Win32 to Qt5

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think it must be something with Qt Add-in 1.2.2. I was going a little bit crazy yesterday, since (as always happens when you run into something like this) I'm under a pretty tight deadline. I finally made a copy of my whole solution folder, and then reverted the original back to a buildable copy from SVN (thanks SVN!!), and then I diffed the .vcxproj in the reverted folder to the one that wasn't working. I tried manually changing stuff in the one that wasn't working and compiling, and what I found was that the 1.2.2 add-in had put a $(INHERIT) variable into some places. In one of those places it had the form: <some_previous>\;$(INHERIT)\;<some_next> ... So somehow it messed up. I removed the backslashes and it just compiled like ever before. So though I don't have time to be sure right now, I'm thinking you are probably correct about the add-in version. Thanks again.