Thread: Translations for tool tips don't show up

Default Translations for tool tips don't show up

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Qt and I'm having some problems with the translations of my tool tips into other languages.
    I've written a method that sets the tool tips on start up. Afterwards I'm loading my .qm file with the translations
    and set up the translator. This works fine for everything that isn't a tooltip; all texts are translated, only the tool tips
    are shown in the original language.
    The tool tip texts are also contained in the .ts file, a translation is available, but it just doesn't use the translation when
    I change the language.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

I added a part of the of the method that sets my tool tips. All my tool tips are set in this way.

Qt Code:
    1. void MainWindow::InitToolTips(void) // Set Tool-tips
    2. {
    3. const QString TStart = "<b><span style=\"color:green;\">";
    4. const QString TEnd = "</span></b>";
    6. ui->btn_StartTab->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Kopieren von Einstellungen zwischen Drehmomentschlüssel und Datenbank") + TEnd);
    7. ui->btn_WrenchTab->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Einstellungen für aktuell angeschlossenen Drehmomentschlüssel") + TEnd);
    8. ui->btn_ProgramsTab->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Schraubfälle und Ablaufpläne verwalten") + TEnd);
    9. ui->btn_DataTab->setToolTip(TStart + tr("In die Datenbank geladene Verschraubungsdaten verwalten") + TEnd);
    10. ui->btn_Workflows->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Einstellen von Premium-Workflows") + TEnd);
    11. ui->btn_LiveMode->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Live-Anzeige aktivieren") + TEnd);
    12. ui->tbtn_ProgramSettings->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Zeige den Dialog zur Programmkonfiguration") + TEnd);
    13. ui->tbtn_RadioConfig->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Zeige den Dialog zur Funkschnittstelle") + TEnd);
    14. ui->tbtn_Help->setToolTip(TStart + tr("Zeige die Programmhilfedatei an") + TEnd);
    15. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Translations for tool tips don't show up

Quote Originally Posted by magicp7 View Post
    The tool tip texts are also contained in the .ts file, a translation is available, but it just doesn't use the translation when
    I change the language.
    You mean you change the language after these "setToolTip" methods have been executed?
    If so, how would that code miraculously run again?

Cheers,
    _