Thread: what is ZN15QAbstractSocket5errorENS_11SocketErrorE in Qt creator

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default what is ZN15QAbstractSocket5errorENS_11SocketErrorE in Qt creator

Actually i cross compiled my Qt creator executable using Angstrom.I used Qt5.5.0 to develop the application.

While i try to execute the file in ARM based board like "./2 -platform eglfs" it gives error like "QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused"

So that i just try my application to run like "LD_DEBUG ./myApp".Im getting the error like "ZN15QAbstractSocket5errorENS_11SocketErrorE". What is this error? how to resolve it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: what is ZN15QAbstractSocket5errorENS_11SocketErrorE in Qt creator

Quote Originally Posted by shivcena View Post
    Actually i cross compiled my Qt creator executable using Angstrom.
    No you did not. But keep reiterating it, it makes your postings easily identifyable.

I used Qt5.5.0 to develop the application.
    Are you sure?
    Earlier you couldn't even determine that for QtCreator which even said it was using Qt5

So that i just try my application to run like "LD_DEBUG ./myApp".Im getting the error like "ZN15QAbstractSocket5errorENS_11SocketErrorE". What is this error? how to resolve it?
    That sounds like you have a linker problem, something not finding a symbol from QtNetwork.
    Useless of course without context.

How about you create yet another thread?

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

cant stop laugh when i read this , and sorry for the continuous postings, but i dont have no other sources to find out the problem.Ok now i will explain clearly what i did upto this , so that i may get some clear help from you,

Step 1: I installed Qt creator (Qt3.5.1 named as "Qt Creator 3.5.1 for Linux/X11 64-bit (96 MB)") from this link. (http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/#section-2) in my system
    Step 2: I developed application using this Qt creator.
    Step 3: Now i need to cross compile my developed application. My target board is Grayhill 270 with ARM Processor. So that i choose Angstrom Cross compiler. Refer the link "http://web.archive.org/web/20130823131954/http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/toolchains/"
    Step 4: After Cross compiler downloaded , i unpacked the compiler using this command "tar -C / -xjf angstrom-2011.03-i686-linux-armv5te-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-qte-4.6.3.tar.bz2"
    Step 5: After unpacking done i create a set up environment for cross compiler like ". /usr/local/angstrom/arm/environment-setup"
    Step 6: Now i go to the path of my Qt application like "cd home/MyApp"
    Step 7: Using qmake and make option i created cross compiled executable.
    Step 8: I just copied this cross compiled executable in pendrive and paste the same executable in ARM board opt folder.
    Step 9:While i execute for first time, the compiler asks 2 Qt lib files like "QtGuiE.so.4 is missing, No such File or Directory". So i copied the necessary files what i asked and executed the cross compiled executable.
    Step 10: Now if i execute the application like "MyApp -qws" it is running but not displaying anything because QWS API removed after the versions Qt5. So i tried like "./MyApp -platform -eglfs" but it is giving the error like "QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused".
    Step 11: To know the exact problem i run the app like "LD_DEBUG ./myApp" , at that time i got this error among full debug list.If you want the full list i will update here itself.

Hope now you got my exact problem and looking for the solution from you .

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Did you follow the instructions to build a Qt version for your ARM board? If you are simply linking to and copying .so files from your linux Qt install of course this will not work because those libraries were compiled for a 64-bit linux PC-based platform, not an ARM processor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Step 4: After Cross compiler downloaded , i unpacked the compiler using this command "tar -C / -xjf angstrom-2011.03-i686-linux-armv5te-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-qte-4.6.3.tar.bz2"
    So you are using Qt 4.6.3, Qt/Embedded actually.

Step 10: Now if i execute the application like "MyApp -qws" it is running but not displaying anything because QWS API removed after the versions Qt5.
    Which of course it irrelevant since you are apparently using Qt4

So i tried like "./MyApp -platform -eglfs" but it is giving the error like "QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused".
    Since you are using Qt4/Embedded with QWS, have you started the QWS server?

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Woo hoo!!!!! Finally its working fine..... export QT_ONSCREEN_PAINT=force