Thread: Files with the same prefix as target cpp file automatically get added to project?

Thanks

Default Files with the same prefix as target cpp file automatically get added to project?

I was trying to test some different ways to add headers to a project (add_custom_target, source_group, etc.). To start to test this, I created a folder with my CMakeLists.txt:

Qt Code:
    1. Project(TestProject)
    2. add_executable(Test Test.cpp)
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

and two other files, Test.cpp and Test.h. When I opened the CMakeLists.txt file with QtCreator and generated the project, I was suprised to find Test.h was added to the project. I created another header file, MyClass.h, and re-ran CMake and this file was not added to the project (as I originally expected).

Is it the desired behavior for files with the same prefix to be added to the project? Or is there some other explanation of why Test.h would be added to the project without being mentioned in the CMakeLists.txt?

Thanks,

David

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Files with the same prefix as target cpp file automatically get added to project?

What do you mean with "added to the projcet"?
    Did QtCreator modify your CMakeLists.txt and put Test.h into some variable?

Cheers,
    _

Thanks

Default Re: Files with the same prefix as target cpp file automatically get added to project?

I mean that Test.h shows up in the list of files under TestProject in the Projects panel on the left side of the QtCreator window.

David

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Ah, I see.

My guess would be that cmake scans the source file for dependencies and provides that information in a way that allows QtCreator to use it.

Cheers,
    _

Thanks

Nope, it's not that. There was no reference to Test.h in Test.cpp and it does appear in the project, and even when I add a reference (#include "MyClass.h") to MyClass.h, it does not appear in the project.