I've tried several different methods and just cannot get Qt to be happy on the RPi 2. Debian Jessie (Raspbian version) *says* it has QtCreator and the package even downloads. However, it gives an EGL (?) error even when started from the command line with qtcreator without Welcome; it will start but you can't actually DO anything with it. The icon version won't stat at all from their windowing system. Also, none of the examples or tutorials were loaded.

I tried recently to get source code download and compile locally, but that fails in many directions, too.

Suggestions, anyone?

If all else fails, running Qt natively on the Pi2, with what is there, can I run Qt on an AMD desktop computer (which does work, btw) and have the sensors hardware accessed by the Pi2 but windows show up on the PC? I barely know how to even begin that effort!

That's the goal: read those couple of sensors and show them to me. One is GPS, one is temp, and one is an IMU. The GPS only has serial output but the others are on the I2C bus.

Thanks!

<weeks of aggravating frustration trying to even get Qt working on any machine at home. Don't have a job.>