I have a Sun machine that has 4 graphics cards each running 1 monitor for a total of 4 monitors. These machines are running in 8-bit colors to support some legacy code. The problem is I have 3 monitors showing identical GUIs but displaying different data inside the GUIs and the 4th window has a completely different GUI. I am constantly seeing a specific X Error and I have finally tracked it down to what specifically causes the errors. The error that prints to my terminal window looks like this:

X Error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 4
Major opcode: 56 (X_ChangeGC)
Resource id: 0xa80e26
I noticed on that 1 unique GUI it would occur everytime I would gray something out and un-gray something. So whenever I changed the setEnabled( ) state of a QLabel or QSliderBar or QComboBox this error would pop up. I fixed this problem by telling the objects to hide and show instead of switching their enable states.

On the 3 identical GUIs the errors occur on my QActions inside my QMainWindow's toolbars. A portion of the toolbar buttons are checkable. I have tried putting one set of checkable QActions into a QActionGroup and I have tried manually handling groups of checkable QActions instead of relying on a QActionGroup. Stuff behaves in the same manner whether they QActions are in a QActionGroup or not. Whenever I click on one of the checkable QActions I get 2 of these Bad Pixmap errors. I believe they show up because of the background of the button changes from an unchecked state to a checked state and the previously checked button changes from the checked state to an unchecked state. These errors also occur whenever I scroll over a checked QAction and then scroll over an unchecked QAction. I have tried taking out my QIcons I had for the buttons so they just displayed the QAction's text name but this did not fix any of the errors from popping up. I am using Qt 4.1.4 on Solaris 9 again in 8 bit color. I have a feeling if I could run this program in 24 bit color this would not be an issue but due to requirements, it is. Any help and ideas anyone may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!