Thread: Qt program does not run on my tablet (Win 8.1 32bit)

Question Qt program does not run on my tablet (Win 8.1 32bit)

Hello all,
    I developed a small application with Qt Creator on a Windows 7 64bit machine with MinGW 32bit. The application works fine both within the IDE that as a separate software (with the DLL in the same folder). I am trying to make this application work on my Tablet (Samsung ATIV XE300TZC, Windows 8.1 [added: 32bit]), without success. One I double click the binary file, the loading icon appears and nothing else. If I open it from command line, it just seems to get stucked.

I tried to run Windows 8.1 on a virtual machine on my main pc and the software worked there (!), so I guess it's not a problem with th SO. I thought I could be that my tablet's graphic card is not good enough for qt, but it turned out it is Intel GMA, which indeed supports openGL 2.1. So I am completely clueless now. Any idea? Thank you.
    Last edited by Vaaal88; 4th March 2016 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt program does not run on my tablet (Win 8.1 32bit)

Maybe a stupid question, but is that an x86 tablet?

Cheers,
    _

as specified in the title (but not in the main post, sorry for that), YES it is. However, I thought that by compiling with MinGW32 bit it should also work on 32bit machine. If not, why not? And how can I target a 32 bit machine from a 64bit?

[Edit: some more info. I can confirm my application is built for a 32 bit machine, as in task manager it apperas with a *32. I tried to run a basic qt application on the tablet (from the example folder) and it does not work either, in the same way: it loads, but nothing happens. So I suppose it may be an incompatibility between the Table and qt? Maybe tha Tablet does not satisfy some basic requirement? Maybe I should update some drivers? Still looking for any idea]
    Last edited by Vaaal88; 4th March 2016 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Vaaal88 View Post
    as specified in the title (but not in the main post, sorry for that)
    The title does not say this at all, but fortunately a Google search confirms that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaaal88 View Post
    I tried to run a basic qt application on the tablet (from the example folder) and it does not work either, in the same way: it loads, but nothing happens. So I suppose it may be an incompatibility between the Table and qt? Maybe tha Tablet does not satisfy some basic requirement? Maybe I should update some drivers? Still looking for any idea]
    Have you tried a non-GUI application?
    Have you doing something non-UI that is observable, e.g. creating a file, to see if main() gets executed?

Cheers,
    _

I solved it.

I tried to run a console application (not connected with Qt at all, just a normale console that prints some stuff) and it didn't work either. This made me think that something prevented my tablet to run ANY executable. I disabled Avast antivirus and everything ran normally. Avast didn't give me any message. Very strange.