Thread: Qt / OpenGL Video Experts Needed with video pipeline questions

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt / OpenGL Video Experts Needed with video pipeline questions

Hello,

I just came form a Directx 9 and 11 project with a camera input. I grabbed the D3D11Texture2D and used that as it is in the GPU still and processed the frame with shaders depending on user desires and got to DrawIndexed. So the incoming frames were on a thread pool from IMFSourceReaderCallback::OnReadSample. All of this was still in D3D11. Now that the frame is processed, it need to be given to the Gui side and onto the render thread. So WPF was stuck in D3D9 and the D3D9Texture2D has the ability to use the backbuffer and write to it. So I took the processed D3D11 texture and pushed it onto the D3D9 backbuffer GUI visible image.

So now present day. I am on Linux using Qt for the first time. I have heard a lot about Qt on Linux and am excited to be here. It took me time figuring the above Windows video path. I'm hoping to ask for help this time.

I have seen that the QCamera class needs a ViewFinder from one of three choices.

Qt Code:
    1. void setViewfinder(QVideoWidget *viewfinder)
    2. void setViewfinder(QGraphicsVideoItem *viewfinder)
    3. void setViewfinder(QAbstractVideoSurface *surface)
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Now I still want to do image processing and have seen that Qt is ingrained with OpenGL which is very much like Directx. So this is the playground I want to stay in. I need to figure a way to get the three options that the Camera wants to a surface/buffer/texture in OpenGL. Zero copy is obviously an important thing as I will be performing this same very task with (no joking) three camera input streams all going on at once and always on as this product is all about those cameras. I will also have those three streams going out as well to a secondary machine/application. So maximizing processing power is of the highest concern.

So with all of this said, I'm right now hoping to get a pointer or two on how to move the image from the QCamera to OpenGL with zero copies if possible. Please and thank you ahead of time. Have a great day.

Cheers,
    Pete

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Qt / OpenGL Video Experts Needed with video pipeline questions

Bump...how do I move the video frame from QCamera to OpenGL something?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt / OpenGL Video Experts Needed with video pipeline questions

Since the first option is a specific widget for displaying video and the second option is a specific item to display video in a QGraphicsScene, my guess would be the third option.

This is likely the one used by QQuick2 when integrating the video frame image into its OpenGL scene graph.

Cheers,
    _