We certainly have such a directory now, but it could have been a side effect of where I changed the string assignment.

Cannot really post the code as this is an embedded product, but the problem is definitely with the /media/mmc path thing. I had thought about cheating and using a QDir to change the working directory to where the file needed to be, but, this is at startup and with the other threads, I do not know what that would do to things. Certainly backing the string up to /media/mmcblk1p1/.config/history.db didn't help as I tried that. There is just some oddity with that path. In the morning I may experiment starting with /media/history.db and see if that works, then tunnel down to find out where it dies. Need to get it to successfully write to that card though. We write other files there without issue so it is not a hardware or OS problem. It is only opening/creating an SQLite database out there which has trouble.

I guess the next step would be to try and create an sqlite database in the correct location from the command line. That would move the problem outside of Qt to something in the yocto build.