Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Windows weird console behaviour - stopped displaying output

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading and porting a Linux App (Ubuntu 14.04) to windows 7 (Qt Creator 2.1.0 (Qt 4.7.1) + Mingw-w64: --> this is a requisite, not my choice.), and encounter a weird issue.

For debugging reasons i printf lots of info to console, in the linux enviroment it appears in the Qt Creator "Application Output" tab.
    In Windows it "used to" appear in an addtional console, and i said "used to" because, the output disappear from one day to another, and i can't find the reason (meaning where did i break it).

In my windows .PRO i have
    CONFIG += console

In "Projects --> Run Settings --> Run in Terminal" is checked

WEIRD BEHAVIOUR:
    When i run the windows app from Qt Creator, the terminal is opened but no output is displayed (App is working but printfs not printing to console).

If I launch the .exe from windows console (cmd.exe) no output is displayed, in fact, launches the app and the console returns ready for new inputs.

If I launch the .exe form the MSYS2 console I get NEARLY the desired behaviour, i can see the output messages and the App "owns" the terminal untill I close the App, but it has some issues with the flussing of the info. Some lines are ketp in the buffer and not printed untill some other action triggers the buffering flushing.

I suspect that it should be a IDE configuration parameter, but i don't have a clue of what it could be.

Any idea about what's happening?
    Last edited by QTapprentice; 2nd December 2016 at 13:24. Reason: more descriptive description