Thread: QFileDialog::getSaveFileName - would like to disable save button for read only folder

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default QFileDialog::getSaveFileName - would like to disable save button for read only folder

Dear All,

I would like to disable file save dialog's save button if the current selected folder is read only folder, I mean I want read only folder indication the moment user selects folder on file save dialog.

Here is the code, I have written to show file save dialog...

Qt Code:
    1. // Show the SaveAs dialog
    2. QString sessionNameStr = QFileDialog::getSaveFileName(
    3. pParent,
    4. ("Save Session File"),
    5. primarySessionPath,
    6. ("Sessions (*.sess)") );
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

This problem is on Mac OS (El Capitan)
    I am using Qt 4.7.3.

Please suggest me a solution, if any one has any idea about it.

Overriding QFileDialog or writing some other custom class is the last option I would like to choose.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Rajesh.Rathod; 28th December 2016 at 12:47.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QFileDialog::getSaveFileName - would like to disable save button for read only fo

I don't think you can do this with the static QFileDialog::getSaveFileName() method. What you will probably have to do is implement a method that uses QFileDialog::exec() (i.e. just like you would for a normal QDialog-based modal dialog) and connect a slot to the QFileDialog::directoryEntered() signal. In that slot, you can check for read-only status for the directory and set a flag that disallows choosing a file from that directory.

I don't think you can get access to the buttons themselves, because Qt uses the native dialogs on each platform, and of course these are not Qt dialogs, just Qt wrappers around the native dialogs.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QFileDialog::getSaveFileName - would like to disable save button for read only fo

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    I don't think you can get access to the buttons themselves, because Qt uses the native dialogs on each platform, and of course these are not Qt dialogs, just Qt wrappers around the native dialogs.
    Generally true, but one can force non-native dialogs, i.e. use Qt built-in ones, see QFileDialog::DontUseNativeDialog

Cheers,
    _

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Generally true, but one can force non-native dialogs
    Sure, but can you get access to the dialog buttons if you use a built-in Qt one? And what is the look and feel compared to a native dialog? I suppose if you wanted to manually search out the children and find the buttons you could do that, assuming they were implemented as QPushButton in the first place.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Right, one would have to look for the buttons manually, but I am pretty sure the dialog would be using QDialogButtonBox so that should be trivial.

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

@anda_skoa & @d_stranz
    Thank you very much for your inputs, I got the possible way from your suggestions and will use them according to my requirement.

Thanks,