Thread: New Blogger

Default New Blogger

Hi. I am new trying hard blogger lol. So I created a blog site that talks about fashion and some reviews on what I purchased. Originally, my intention is purely for personal use only. However, my 2 of friends are telling me that I can earn from blogging so I got a bit interested. So now the question is, where do I start? Would it be difficult to do digital marketing alone? Does it require a lot of time? Any relevant details that you could share will definitely appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: New Blogger

As far as tech goes there are two ways to run a WordPress blog. One option is where the company itself hosts the blog for you which you can sign up for at wordpress.com, the other is self-hosted which you get from wordpress.org.
    You can always start a free blog through wordpress.com and later on migrate to a self-hosted version of Wordpress. You just take your data with you and redirect your domain to the new host, fairly straight forward stuff.

The difference between the WordPress blog that the company hosts for you and the one you host yourself is the amount of freedom you have when it comes to modifying, removing or adding features to your blog.
    As you can see, the free option at Wordpress.com has ads but the revenue goes to the company that hosts it rather than to you:

The other options are rather expensive in my opinion and you won't be able to monetize your site unless you subscribe to the Premium plan for $8.25 per month, which again is very expensive and not worth it.

In my opinion, if you really want to do a blog, and not lose interest in it after a month or so like I tend to do, you would benefit more from a self-hosted WordPress blog. There are many websites that can host it for you. Have a look at the suggestions page here: wordpress.org/hosting
    I have experience with both but I prefere DreamHost over BlueHost. The benifit here is you can literally do anything you want for no added cost. These means that you can insert any code or plugin to your page like the one used by Google Adsense.
    You can find all kinds of available plugins over here: wordpress.org/plugins/browse/popular

The ads are basically just like the ones you see on youtube and so on. Google takes care of generating relevant ads for your visitors. All you need to do is to decide where you want the ads to show and in what sizes. You can also sign in to your Google Adsense account and you can see how much money you have made and what to do with it. google.com/adsense/start
    There are many other ways you can generate revenue once you have a following, sponsored content, promos, referal links to shopping sites and so on.

Default Re: New Blogger

Thank you for the very informative response. Well, yes, wordpress seems to be the best option for me considering I am just starting. Economically speaking, this is really a good starting point.

I fully understand when you talked about continuity,or should I ever lose interest. That is a very realistic statement I believe so. I am looking into wordpress and even tumblr as a starter. The other forms of digital marketing seems not to fit what I have right now. I have about the services being offered by digital marketing firm and this is really for large scale businesses. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, thank you for your time and rest assured that I am thoroughly considering all your suggestions.