Thread: Lenovo or HP

Default Lenovo or HP

I'm thinking of getting another laptop for my daughter. I just can't decide if it is HP or Lenovo. What would you suggest?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Lenovo or HP

How old is she? and what is the budget here?

She's turning 16 this year. The budget? Would $200-$300 worth be reasonable?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

When it comes to HP & Lenovo they are both as good, it really boils down to the model.
    Here is a comparison for the different brands:

Source: Laptopmag

The things to look out for her in a laptop would probably be:
    • Full HD screen: anything less would just suck especially that show probably wants to watch YouTube, Series & Movies.
    • Small size: I don't think she would want anything bigger than a 15" screen. Anything bigger than that wouldn't fit as easily in normal bags.
    • Fast Hard drive: I don't think she will need a lot of storage, most things are done online these days. Having a fast hard drive can dramatically increase the speed of the laptop.

I don't think she would care for a dedicated graphics card for gaming or a DVD writer and so on.

This is outside the budget you estimated but this would be in my opinion a solid purchase for many reasons. There are things that I would have gotten rid off or scaled down to save money, like the fingerprint stuff but as I said this is a solid choice. Backlight keyboard, extremely fast hard disk (Solid State Disk), full HD screen, solid processor and so on. I think that a laptop like this one is a lot more future proof than most laptops around the same price range.

I couldn't find a cheaper one but I didn't search outside their official stores. I am sure you can find cheaper ones. I was surprised that I couldn't find a cheaper one myself. Worst case scenario, get a stripped down 15" or 14" full HD screen laptop with an i5 or i3 processor with a shitty hard disk and switch it out for an SSD.

That is what I would do based on my priorities and preferences. I am sure there are many ways to go about making a pick for such a purchase.

Edit: lol, forgot to link to the laptop :P
    Here is the link:
    http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/busine...29-z1z83ut-aba

We had 2 HPs here but lasted for 2 years only. So I don't like to recommend. I don't have experience with Lenovo yet but I'm hearing good feedback from my friends who are office workers. So, I think Lenovo is preferred by most companies considering its durability and competitive price.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Lenovo is much better..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

I've been using Asus laptops for years with no failures. A feature-to-feature comparison usually yields more bang for the buck with Asus over "name" brands like Dell or HP. Can't speak for Lenovo - no experience there.

My latest laptops have SSD hard drives and boot nearly instantly, but capacity is lower compared to a magnetic hard drive of the same price.

I think you would be hard-pressed to get any kind of decent laptop for $200 - 300 though, unless the only use for it is web browsing and e-mail.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Platforms
    Windows Android

I'll choose Lenovo over HP especially it has a comfortable keyboard, and a good price. it could also good for gaming and for graphics.

Hey, I wanted to add about Dell too. I read a lot of reviews lately about Dell and its performance. The next time I will buy a laptop, I will definitely considering this brand too aside from Lenovo.

I am currently using Sony Vaio but if I am gonna choose between Lenovo vs HP. I will chose HP. I have HP netbook and I have it for two years now.

Both of them have vast experience with Laptop production but I would suggest you to check out for the quality of support services provided by both of them, as you did not considered DELL for comparison, I would suggest you to go with Lenovo.

Qt products
    Platforms
    Windows

world is not without competition different types of uses....HP is best for using