Hi folks,

I'm trying to write a new Gui (switchable) for a existing Qt-Application (V 4.8.4). So I Created a new QMainWindow (bisides the old one) and an other more QMainWindow two host the two MainWindows shown to the user. My Approach was to add them as centralWidget to "HostWidget".
the Problem is, that the other MainWindows are not the central widget of the "HostWidget" - it is just lying over it. Everthing else works fine however. So my Quastions are:

1) Is it possible to set a QMainWidget as a central widget. As far as I understand is a QMainWindow just a Widget with some bars and docking manager included.

2) I tried to add a stack widget and than added two MainWindows to this QStackWidget. But it is also not exactly what I want, since a StackWidget is intended to host widget whitch are already instanciated and conviniently switch them via index. However, no othe Window than one of the two Mainwindows are visible.

3) Or is there an other approach to create a gui with two Mainwindos that can be switched?

Thanks in advance