Thread: problems installing qtservice windows 7 Qt 5.4.1

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default problems installing qtservice windows 7 Qt 5.4.1

I'm trying to compile qtservice using nmake. I get error C1083. When trying to include "stddef.h" it can't find it. I didn't see VC's include folder in the Path variable, so I added it. I still get the same error. Anybody have any idea why qglobal.h can't find it? I am running nmake distclean in-between attempts to clear out the old stuff.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: problems installing qtservice windows 7 Qt 5.4.1

OK, it looks like the VC folder in Visual Studio 2013 is not getting added to the include file path in the compiler. How can I add it? The Qt path is there because those include files are getting found.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi, did you compile from a CMD window? There should be a link to a "Visual Studio Command prompt" in your Start menu, did you try that one? It should set up the environment variables for compilation.

Ginsengelf

4. The following user says thank you to Ginsengelf for this useful post:

TonyInSoMD (16th February 2018)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

It's a 64 bit Qt so I had to use the x64 Native Tools Command Prompt (the Developer command prompt gave me an error saying I was trying to compile, something about x86 and x64 incompatibility. It seems to compile now, now all I have to do is figure out where it is and how to use it Thanks for the help. I was trying to do it from administrator command line and I guess that's why it wasn't working. My only excuse is that I never use command line to compile, but with Qt there's no choice. Edited: It seems to have compiled looking at the command prompt, at least I don't see any fatal errors, but I can't find where it compiled it to. I've done a search on the Qt folder and the qtserver folder, and can't find the dll. I did compile it with the -library option so there should be a dll. The only qtservice files I can find are the ones it uses to compile. The examples are there, but I can't find the library or include file so that I can use it in my program. Now what did I do wrong?
    Last edited by TonyInSoMD; 16th February 2018 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

It has probably put it in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Visual Studio xxxx\Projects directory somewhere. You can run "nmake /?" to see a list of nmake options. If you run "nmake /N" it will show you what it will do without actually doing anything, so that might give you a clue where it is putting things. I don't know how you have created your nmake makefile, but that's where all the instructions are that aren't imported from global VS confguration files.

When you run the Visual Studio IDE, you can see the default configuration using the Tools -> Options command from the menu.

I am not sure I understand why you are doing this from the command line and not from the VS IDE, where you have a lot more information and control of how your build proceeds.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.