Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointer to another window.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Pointer to another window.

Everyone gonna say, it is bad what i am doing, but i am really happy, and i don't care, finally i fix it.
    Great. I wish you success in your coding career, but I would suggest you don't make that statement when you are interviewing for a job.

As high_flyer said, trying to offer you anything more than a plate full of fish already cleaned and cooked exactly the way you like it seems to be a waste of everyone's time. We aren't here to catch and cook fish for you, we're here to teach people to fish by helping them become better Qt software developers. Maybe you will find another forum where people will help you write bad code, but I don't think you will find those people here.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

If you first show me, what i want, and then you will speak about the right way, that's good, but otherwise that's horrific.
    Don't do it, because someone can think "you are just stupid, you dont know something, that's why you are "forcing" someone to do it in another way".

The topic was clear, how to do it by pointer, not by "right way" or "professional way".
    If someone ask you for something, first you respond to the topic to show what he wants, then when he knows it already, you can show the other way, otherwise it's just stupid, it's like buying two cars, when you can't afford to buy any of them.
    First you buy first car, and then the second when you can afford it, something with programming.

PS. I am not gonna work for anybody in my life, that's why i rly don't care much.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

because someone can think "you are just stupid, you dont know something, that's why you are "forcing" someone to do it in another way".
    Just because someone may think that, it is not a reason not to do the right thing - which is to point you to the actual problem you have - not the one you THINK you have.

A junkie thinks his problem is getting drugs, and he will be mad at you if you tell him the next ration of drugs is not what he needs but that he needs to go to rehab, even though he thinks differently it is obvious the rehab suggestion is the right one, and not to bring him his next drug ration.
    ==========================signature=============== ==================
    S.O.L.I.D principles (use them!):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOLID_...iented_design)

Do you write clean code? - if you are TDD'ing then maybe, if not, your not writing clean code.

I know how much time i waste, to find the way of doing that, i am sure ther is no need to keep trying to help, in your way, because you think it's good and if someone don't want it.
    Anyway i fix it finnaly, and we can close this topic at this point.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Yes, we can close the topic. I think the reason it has gone on as long as it has is that everyone who has responded has thought, "Wow, this guy is heading for a train wreck. We have to help him out". Yes, you may have been clear in stating your topic, but to give you that answer meant we would simply be pushing harder on the pedal to speed up the train.

I think it makes all of us sad to read your replies, because what we see is a stubborn person who would rather use a hammer to pound screws into wood, and who insults and argues with people who tell him maybe a screwdriver would be a better tool. You have the hammer in your hand already, and you aren't going to put it down.

If you don't take any pride in writing good code, are willing to spend weeks trying to understand why your programs won't work or why they crash, and insist that you don't care about alternatives because you've already decided what you want, well, good for you. Eventually you will get to the limit of your ability and you will be stuck in the bad habits you are developing now because you've refused to learn anything new. Good luck with it.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.