Thread: Search by Product Name in QTableView which load from SQL Database

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Search by Product Name in QTableView which load from SQL Database

Hello Seniors

I need some help from you all. I'm having difficulties and I've no idea on how to do/code "cats.jpg" in QT Creator C++.

I would really need help from you guys if there's any tutorials or steps to do it. Your kind help would be much appreciated, thank you in adv #qtcreator #cplusplus

P/S: I'm still a new beginner in/for QT Creator

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Search by Product Name in QTableView which load from SQL Database

Search by Product Name in QTableView which load from SQL Database
    What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to search the database for all entries that match the product name, or do you want to see if a certain product name was retrieved from the database and is displayed in the table?

What you you want to do after you find a match? Do you want to leave the table as it is and just highlight the matching entries? Do you want to clear the table and only display the matching entries?

What have you tried already?

If you don't want to change the database search results, but just want to highlight matching entries, then you should look at making a custom QIdentityProxyModel. If you want to filter out results that don't match, then you should look at a custom QSortFilterProxyModel. In either case, you should study the examples and tutorials from the Qt distribution to see how these classes are used.
    Last edited by d_stranz; 28th April 2018 at 17:56.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.