Hello,
I am relatively new to Qt, but my first on the job assignment is quite formidable. Any comments or help are welcome, but I also do not expect that many people will be able to help me without having the code in front of them. As I said, I am relatively new to Qt, so I may also not be able to understand your answers very well. Any way, here is my problem;
I have been tasked with processing RF Signals (Currently in the form of a data file, but eventually will be able to interpret real world data live), which transmit approximately 4 gigabytes of data per second. As it stands now, I have a functional application written primarily in C++ using a Qt UI that can handle the data, but at a speed nowhere close to real time. After speaking with a rep from Qt, they have indicated that Qt 3d may be capable of handling the massive amounts of data, but I am not entirely sure how to begin designing with Qt 3d. I would like to take the RF signals, and plot them on a 2d waterfall spectrogram graph, with a color component indicating a z-axis.

Other issues are as follows;
Whenever I resize the window all my waterfall graph data disappears, but the data file itself does not loop to the beginning (nor should it)
If I zoom in, the program crashes
There is significant lag in the data speed, and the UI designed to track the data.
While I am sure some of these issues are bug related (the code is far from flawless), my primary concern is getting the data to process realtime. (A speed increase of about 20x). The project is also 50+ files, and about 10,000 lines of code or so, and I'm currently working by myself on the project, so a solution that says something along the line of "in main just implement this two line fix" probably isn't gonna work.

So, if you have any idea how to design a waterfall graph in Qt that plots massive amounts of data per second, I'd love some help. I am also not sure if it is possible to perhaps use my GPU to run the program, so that may also be a part of a solution. Truthfully, I have no idea if any one will be able to help, but even telling me what you think I should google may provide some insight.