Hello,

Well, you probably all already heard this question 100x times before and I just finished 3 hours of research for this problem.

All I need right now is a confirmation that I simply cannot display PNG images ontop of my desktop with Qt4/Windows.
I don't mean like display them in a window, I just mean the PNG image with no dialog or window/backgound whatsoever.

I know I can display a simple png image on my desktop (assuming the image is rectangular with no transparent pixels),
and I know I can display some an image with completely transparent pixels using setMask(),
and I know I can display the whole image transparent (setWindowOpacity())...

...but what I can't seem to be able to do (under Windows!) is to display an image which has some opaque and some 20% transparent pixels and some 50% transparent pixels and so on.

So assuming I have this image (as you can see the shadow around the egg is transparent):

And I want it do be display on my desktop:

So I've seen all kinds of solutions with setMask() and whatever but all I need is a confirmation that under Windows I simply cannot use Qt to achieve this effect.

So can anyone confirm that this is not possible with Qt (yet) so that I can stop searching for a solution?
Thanks!