Thread: QT Creator does not open when launched

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows Android

Default QT Creator does not open when launched

I am using Creator 4.9.1 with 5.12.4 on Windows 10 and everything was great until today. Now when I try to launch the app all I get is a small white window when I lay the cursor over the bottom Windows menu. I checked processes and indeed QT is running. qt1.jpg

I tried performing an update using the maintenance tool, but no difference

I tried executing the app with -noload Welcome -noload QmlProfiler but no difference
    I tried to execute the app in Admin mode.
    I tried using the Windows capability troubleshooter, but no luck.
    I tried connecting a second monitor, just in case it was off screen

I then removed every instance of Qt on my PC. I then deleted the "appdata" files for Qt. I made sure there were no Qt folders on my drive. I then deleted the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software/Qt regedit files.
    I then installed a fresh copy of Qt 5.12.4 and Creator 4.9.1, but Still no difference,

The app appears to open, but does not launch a UI window. It seems to have happened after I closed the lid on my PC while the app Creator was running... No Windows updates, no new drivers, no antivirus, other than Defender. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

Any insight or help would be most apreciated!

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows Android

Default Re: QT Creator does not open when launched

Rather embarrassed to post this reply, but hoping it might help someone else from going through the whole process. It seemed that throughout all of my deleting and recreating work Qt Creater was set to "minimized", and even after rebooting the PC, deleting the app, deleting its regedit and all of the Qt appdata it still held the "open minimized" flag. All I had to do was right click the icon in the bottom Menu line of windows 10 and select maximize. I have never seen an app that would only open minimized before.