Thread: failed to build;is it SP1 problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: failed to build;is it SP1 problem?

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    I mean locate a header that you are sure needs to be moc'ed, right click it and click "Properties".

There you should have( my file is 3.h):

1. General: No, Custom build tool
    2. Custom Build Step:
    - Command line:

- Outputs:
    Qt Code:
    1. ".\GeneratedFiles\$(ConfigurationName)\moc_3.cpp"
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    - Additional dependencies:
    Qt Code:
    1. $(QTDIR)\bin\moc.exe;.\3.h
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Regards

@ Marcel: the problem is that I am not using the open source edition. I am just trying to install the commercial/educational edition of that on my PC at home. supposedly I should be able to build and run the programs with just clicking the pretty green button in the VS IDE .
    I think I am installing the package uncorrectly. After your post I uninstalled all the Qt versions from my PC and tried to clean the registery from trolltech things.
    then I just installed VS2005 integration.
    then i made a test program for VS2005/Qt and another one for VS2003/Qt. well niether of them worked this time again! but the difference was that I received different building errors. (I am not at home so I can not send the two error reports right now, but I will do it as soon as possible!)
    I hoep somebody can help me to solve this problem...... it is becoming an obssesion for an ignorant Qt beginner

It is weird because the computer I am having at work and Qt was working fine on it suddenly has been making problems as well.... see this error also please.

1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Rcc'ing test.qrc...
    1>C:\Qt\4.2.2\bin\rcc.exe -name "test" -no-compress ".\test.qrc" -o .\GeneratedFiles\qrc_test.cpp
    1>Uic'ing test.ui...
    1>Creating windows resources...
    1>Moc'ing test.h...
    1>Compiling...
    1>test.cpp
    1>c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(906) : error C2244: 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::replace' : unable to match function definition to an existing declaration
    1> c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(891) : see declaration of 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::replace'
    1> definition
    1> 'QMap<aKey,aT>::iterator QMultiMap<Key,T>::replace(const Key &,const T &)'
    1> existing declarations
    1>c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(910) : error C2244: 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::insert' : unable to match function definition to an existing declaration
    1> c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(892) : see declaration of 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::insert'
    1> definition
    1> 'QMap<aKey,aT>::iterator QMultiMap<Key,T>::insert(const Key &,const T &)'
    1> existing declarations
    1>main.cpp
    1>c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(906) : error C2244: 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::replace' : unable to match function definition to an existing declaration
    1> c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(891) : see declaration of 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::replace'
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1>c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(910) : error C2244: 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::insert' : unable to match function definition to an existing declaration
    1> c:\qt\4.2.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/tools/qmap.h(892) : see declaration of 'QMultiMap<Key,T>::insert'
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1>Generating Code...
    1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ali\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\QtTut7\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>test - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

what is wrong!? am i sending negative energy to the Qt installations on computers

Thnx for yr time,
    Regards

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I was using Qt Commercial for VS2003 also.
    As far as I know there are different versions of Qt Commercial- for VS2003 and for VS2005. Are you using the same version for both?
    Also, how did you install VS 2003 and 2005 together? They are known to cause problems.

Regards

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    I was using Qt Commercial for VS2003 also.
    As far as I know there are different versions of Qt Commercial- for VS2003 and for VS2005. Are you using the same version for both?
    Also, how did you install VS 2003 and 2005 together? They are known to cause problems.

Regards
    Akhkhkh! I asked this issue before and what they told me was not be so concenred about possible conflicts between 2005 and 2003.

in the first time, i used different installations. One for Qt on 2005 and another for Qt on 2003 and used integration package for both of them. ( problem occured..)
    then I uninstalled all Qt things, tested the VS2003 and VS2005 and they were working fine. Then I used Qt for 2005 installation package and then the integration package... it didn't work on VS2005 again...
    But when I opened the VS2003 to check , I saw that Qt is also integrated on VS2003!!!!!
    Well! maybe the next step should be uninstalling VS2003 and testing that again... what do you say? any other hint?

Bests
    Masih

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi there!
    It's me again!
    I think I managed to do it!
    I was receiving this moc'ing error and the I saw this link below:
    http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-intere...ad00000-0.html

even though at the beginning of installing the Addson package I got a warning message that we detected another integration package installed and they will have conflicts and as far as I had nothing to lose I installed it and it is working now. At least it is compiling.

Thank you guys

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Sometimes antywirus can block moc.exe, uic.exe end atc. Close antywirus and compile project again.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Masih View Post
    @ Marcel: the problem is that I am not using the open source edition. I am just trying to install the commercial/educational edition of that on my PC at home. supposedly I should be able to build and run the programs with just clicking the pretty green button in the VS IDE .
    I think I am installing the package uncorrectly. After your post I uninstalled all the Qt versions from my PC and tried to clean the registery from trolltech things.
    then I just installed VS2005 integration.
    then i made a test program for VS2005/Qt and another one for VS2003/Qt. well niether of them worked this time again! but the difference was that I received different building errors. (I am not at home so I can not send the two error reports right now, but I will do it as soon as possible!)
    I hoep somebody can help me to solve this problem...... it is becoming an obssesion for an ignorant Qt beginner

It is weird because the computer I am having at work and Qt was working fine on it suddenly has been making problems as well.... see this error also please.

1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Rcc'ing test.qrc...
    1>C:\Qt\4.2.2\bin\rcc.exe -name "test" -no-compress ".\test.qrc" -o .\GeneratedFiles\qrc_test.cpp
    1>Uic'ing test.ui...
    1>Creating windows resources...
    1>Moc'ing test.h...
    1>Compiling...
    1>test.cpp
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1>main.cpp
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1> definition
    1> existing declarations
    1>Generating Code...
    1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ali\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\QtTut7\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>test - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

what is wrong!? am i sending negative energy to the Qt installations on computers

Thnx for yr time,
    Regards
    supposedly the latter problem is the SP1 issue. seems somebody has done something with my PC but still the first question is remained.
    no pain no gain