Thread: Use Code Model in QT creator plugin

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Use Code Model in QT creator plugin

Hi,
    I'm trying to write a plugin for Qt creator that lists the functions that are declarated in a '.c' or '.h' file. I'm doing this to speed up the useless practise required by my company to list in the header of each file the list of exported and internal functions.
    I have written several plugin for Qt creator, but this is the first time I need the code model. I'd rather NOT to use CLang code model.

I have tried calling in a loop the function "CPlusPlus:ocument::functionAt" but this only finds implemented functions; for me it's required to also include function prototypes of header files.

Then I have tried with CPlusPlus:ocument::scopeAt, looping the member of the full file scope. Here the problem is that CPlusPlus::Symbol::asDeclaration does not make any difference between functions declaration and file scope variable declarations.

Any idea about how to isolate function declarations?

Thank you

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Use Code Model in QT creator plugin

Any idea about how to isolate function declarations?
    If CPlusPlus:: Symbol:: asDeclaration returns all declarations in a header file, then you should be able to distinguish between variables and functions by looking for a pair of parentheses, no?
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Use Code Model in QT creator plugin

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    If CPlusPlus:: Symbol:: asDeclaration returns all declarations in a header file, then you should be able to distinguish between variables and functions by looking for a pair of parentheses, no?
    Actually CPlusPlus:: Symbol is an object from which I can extract the 'nameId' (which never contains parentheses), but I can't retrieve the full signature.