Hello,

first I need to apologize, if this is not the right place to ask the following question. If so, then maybe someone here could suggest a proper forum.
I'm experiencing QT-issues on a recent release of major Linux distro (opensuse, leap 15.1). However from its dedicated forums and bugzilla, I'm not getting any response upon posting the issue. That's why I'm asking here. The issue is the following.

When developing parallel running apps - say, a Python code myapp.py, based on MPI's message passing interface, there is a standard procedure to debug in parallel, namely to invoke a small number of processes on the command line, using mpiexec like so
Qt Code:
  1. mpiexec -n 2 xterm -geometry 80x20 -e ipdb myapp.py
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
where each process runs its own debugger - for Python its ipdb - within a terminal, e.g. an xterm. This has been working for me for ages. However on the new leap 15.1 distro, when invoking the preceding command and within the each of the xterm windows, which run the ipdb I get
Qt Code:
  1. WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.
Following that and usually upon trying to run portions of the code between breakpoints I get lots of
Qt Code:
  1. QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
  2. (Parent is QApplication(0x7fdd40001e90), parent's thread is QThread(0x7fdd40006390), current thread is QThread(0x7fdd400262f0)
After that the xterms and debugger get unresponsive.
Just to be absolutely clear, the app "myapp.py" is free of QT-code or graphics. I.e. the QT warnings/errors stem from "somewhere else".

What could this be? How to fix this?
Mark