Thread: No matching signal for on_pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords_clicked()

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default No matching signal for on_pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords_clicked()

i've centos 7.5 and qt5.7 in VM. I am builfing a small project. I've added a button "pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords" and used slot by name for other buttons, after some time i removed that button (pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords ). after that compiler shows follwoing error, but project runs successfully. error is:-
    Qt Code:
    1. QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords_clicked()
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    how to get rid of this.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: No matching signal for on_pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords_clicked()

Run full rebuild.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: No matching signal for on_pushButtonViewExistingProductRecords_clicked()

i did as follows :-

build -> clean project then
    build -> rebuild project

but has no effect

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

You might have to either run qmake manually or edit the XML in the .ui file to remove the connection (which will be listed at the bottom of the file). Make a backup copy of the ui file first because if you mess up the editing, you will probably also break the UI itself.

This is one reason why I (and many other Qt developers, I think) don't like using automatically generated connections based on name. I don't like things that happen in code I don't see without a lot of poking around.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

> after some time i removed that button

But you forgot to remove the function - it is still there but the autoconnect feature can no longer find the associated button.

6. The following user says thank you to ChristianEhrlicher for this useful post:

rahulvishwakarma (9th April 2020)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Yes, that's probably correct - the function declaration is hidden in the MOC-generated code, and the function implementation still exists in the cpp file. Another reason why I dislike auto-generated slots.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

8. The following user says thank you to d_stranz for this useful post:

rahulvishwakarma (9th April 2020)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

finally I get your point, and I deleted both declaration and implementation in header and source files. thanks a lot
    Last edited by rahulvishwakarma; 9th April 2020 at 10:25.