Thread: Will new posts be checked by moderators before they show in the forum?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Will new posts be checked by moderators before they show in the forum?

I made a post in another section of this forum yesterday but it doesn't show up. When submitting it for a second or so there was a screen that might have said something about the post being published after it was viewed by a moderator or something like that. I didn't have enough time to read it. So I'm basically trying to figure out if there was an error somewhere and whether or not I should try again.

EDIT:
    I Forgot to mention that the post was made in the Newbie forum.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Will new posts be checked by moderators before they show in the forum?

New posts are not moderated AFAIK. There is a feature to report a post as spam, but in my experience, everything gets posted and then can be removed later by a moderator after a spam report.

Make sure after you enter your post, you click the "Post Quick Reply" or "Submit Reply" (in Advanced Mode) to post is, and not "Reply To Thread" (which throws away what you wrote only to start over) or "Preview Post" (which just shows you what your post will look like when you finally do post it). Clicking anything other than the first two of the buttons I listed will not result in a post.

Also make sure you are not replying to an old thread but are actually starting a new one.

Your forum profile shows that you have only made one post (this one).
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

3. The following user says thank you to d_stranz for this useful post:

EVARATE (14th April 2020)