I have been trying to learn c++/Qt during the pandemic stay-at-home season, and I have written a fairly complex program which works fine when I build it with the Qt Creator. But I can't seem to get it to compile to a static version that I can take to my other computer to run as a stand-alone. I am using Qt 5.14.1, with MinGW 7.3.0, and I have tried to follow instructions I found here:
https://wiki.qt.io/Building_a_static...ws_using_MinGW. The static build ended in error, but I have lots of stuff in the Static folder, so I thought it might work. I used the file named "qt-everywhere-src-5.14.1.zip", but the instructions lead me to think that I should have used one named "qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.14.1.7z", which I could not find. So I am at a quandary about what to do next. If I reinstall the static version, do I need to clean out the Static folder first? Should I use a different install file? I also would like to build the static program using Qt Creator. Any help would be greatly appreciated!